This is such a vibrant dish and full of garlic. I can’t believe my children went back for more!
I stole the idea when we recently visited a Vietnamese Restaurant. I don’t know what was in theirs, but I came up with this version which is pretty simple and incredibly tasty.
For more vegetable recipes your children will love, take a look at the recipe finder.
- 25g / 2 tbs butter
- 1 spring onion sliced
- 2 or 3 cloves garlic crushed or sliced
- 250g / 8 oz bag green beans
- 2 heads of bok choy - to prepare, I cut and discard the bottom inch of the stem, wash the bok choy then cut in half (where the white stem joins the green leaves)
- 125ml / ½ cup beef stock
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and fry gently the spring onion and garlic until cooked but still soft. Add the bok choy (white stem and leaves) and green beans then fry gently until all covered by the garlic and butter.
- Add the beef stock to the saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes until cooked.
- Pour into serving dish.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.