Super Simple Lamb Kebabs With Coconut Curry Dipping Sauce
Low carb, Paleo, Banting, LCHF, gluten free.
I had some minced/ground lamb the other night and decided to come up with these. Pretty much everything else is in the pantry, and it was a real success.
The lamb kebabs with coconut curry dipping sauce can be made in the oven (for those of you in winter right now), in the frying pan or on the barbecue (for those of you enjoying a summer).
The coconut curry dipping sauce is simply delicious. But make sure you make enough because my little ones guzzled the sauce up even when the kebabs were gone.
The trick to making the mince/ground lamb to stick to the kebabs is to make a sausage shape firmly with your hands first, then push the bamboo skewer into the centre.
Enjoy these with coconut cauliflower rice and you have the most nutritious dinner. Gone are the rice, pitta breads, and sweet sauces. This will soon become a family favourite.
- 800g/ 1.8lb ground/minced lamb
- 1 spring onion finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried coriander/cilantro
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 cup / 240ml coconut cream
- 2 tbs curry paste/powder to taste
- 12 bamboo or metal skewers
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands and form into 12 long kebab shapes.
- Gently push the skewer into the kebab and press firmly.
- They can be cooked by shallow frying, baked in the oven or on the barbecue for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the curry paste/powder with the coconut cream. Serve on the side or drizzled across the lamb kebabs.
- Serve with cauliflower rice.
These can be made in the frying pan, baked in the oven or cooked on the bbq. Any way and any season, they will be a crowd pleaser.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.