Grain Free Pork Schnitzel –
I have to say this grain free pork schnitzel is fast becoming a family favourite. Not only is it incredibly tasty, it is just so quick and simple. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, prepare the pork schnitzel one at a time and place straight into the frying pan. If you make extra, they can be saved for lunch tomorrow or for breakfast. Remember, leftovers are KING! Why not even make strips of grain free pork schnitzel for lunch boxes.
We get so used to cooking things the same old way, when you go low carb it can be a bit daunting, but soon this way of eating and cooking becomes the norm. Instead of reaching for the breadcrumbs, just use ground almonds instead. If you are allergic to almonds, why not try seed flours (such as sunflower or pumpkin) that are becoming available, LSA or linseed. For more low carb hacks, take a look at my Low Carb Hacks Infographic. It makes the switch to low carb just that little easier.
- 4 pork schnitzels
- 1 cup ground almonds/almond flour
- 1 tbs dried rubbed sage
- +/- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 -2 eggs (depending on size) beaten with a fork
- oil for frying (I use coconut oil)
- In one small dipping bowl (or saucer) beat the egg(s) with a fork. In another dipping bowl (or saucer) add the almonds, sage and salt/pepper.
- Dip 1 pork schnitzel in the egg mixture on both sides. Lift to drain the excess egg from the schnitzel.
- Place the pork schnitzel in the almond and herb mixture, turning a few times to ensure it is completely covered.
- Place each pork schnitzel in the frying pan as you make them. Cook on a medium heat until both sides are golden. Test to ensure the meat is cooked through to the centre.
* The amount of almond/herb mixture required will depend on the size of your schnitzel pieces.
* No nutrition label can be generated for this recipe as the size of pork schnitzel and the amount of fat on each piece varies tremendously. And the size of each schnitzel will determine how much crumb mixture has been used.
- Serve with a selection of greens and mashed cauliflower. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
FREE eBook - 15 Low Carb Healthy Treats
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Low Carb Healthy Treats eBook. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.