Sugar Free Walnut And Brandy Truffles
When I made my chocolate mint truffles, I asked what other favour would you like me to develop. Loud and clear the two winners were brandy or walnuts, so I thought why not combine the two?
I came up with these simple sugar free walnut and brandy truffles which are even lower in carbs than the original recipe. These are intended for adults only as they contain alcohol. If you would like these to be alcohol free you can omit the brandy entirely or use alcohol free brandy essence.
Look at what I just discovered - sugar free and low carb walnut brandy truffles. Less than 1g net carbs.Click To Tweet
- 250g / 9 oz regular cream cheese block (not spreadable)
- 100g/ 3.5 oz butter melted
- 4 tbs unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- 3 tbs granulated stevia, or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 1-2 tbs brandy *see notes
- Warm the cream cheese block to room temperature or in the microwave for 15 seconds, until it is soft enough to work with.
- Add the melted butter and mix through with a fork to ensure it is lump free and smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder, stevia and brandy. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Gently stir through the tiny walnut pieces and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll a heaped teaspoon at a time and place each truffle on a plate. Place the plate into the fridge again for an hour or two for the truffles to really set firmly.
- Roll in cocoa powder if you like, or crushed walnuts, pistachios, pecans etc.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.