Do you ever walk by those roasted nut vendors at christmas and smell the amazing spices, but hate all the sugar in them? I’ve managed to develop a recipe for sugar free spiced almonds. These are beautiful to take to a shared meal or pop into a festive jar and give as a gift.
UPDATE :: FREE printable gift tags have been added to the end of the post, take a look.
Sugar Free Spiced Almonds
If you’re wanting to stay on track this Christmas and navigate all the high carb junk food that surrounds you, start by taking your own nibbles for a shared morning tea, lunch, or drinks night.
I find it really easy as I just don’t fancy a mince pie or biscuits any more (now that is life changing in itself), but just avoid all the bread, crackers, cakes etc and go for the meats, cheeses and savoury items.
I have been known to put pesto dip on a slice of ham and roll it up – voila – an instant LCHF snack and no one bats an eyelid.
For more christmas ideas take a look at my low carb Christmas round up.
- 1 cup whole almonds
- 2 tsp egg whites
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp granulated stevia (or sweetener of choice to taste)
- Whisk the egg whites until frothy with a fork in a shallow bowl.
- Pour the whole almonds into the egg white mixture and stir with the fork until they are completely coated.
- Leave the almonds to sit for a while until most of the egg white has soaked into the almonds. The almonds should be coated and sticky, ready for the spices.
- Place the spices and stevia in a cup and stir to combine evenly, then sprinkle over the sticky almonds.
- Turn gently with the fork so the almonds are coated with the spices.
- Line a baking tray with some kind of non stick liner or non stick baking paper.
- Place the spiced almonds on the lined baking tray making sure they are evenly spaced, and aren't sitting in clumps.
- Bake at 130C/260F for 10 minutes, turning half way through. You only need the egg whites to cook and completely dry out to help the storage. You don't want any dampness remaining or these will not stay fresh.
- Can be stored in a sealed glass jar for up to a month.
More Low Carb Christmas Recipes
- How to cook the perfect Christmas turkey – with easy to follow cooking schedule
- Low carb Christmas mince pies – perfect for gifts
- Ham and egg cups
- Paleo prawn cocktail
- Salmon & Cream cheese bites
- Curried devilled eggs
- Stuffed meatballs
- Almond and orange flourless cake
- Lemon mini cupcakes
- Walnut & brandy truffles
FREE printable gift tags
Click here to download the PDF file, ready for printing.
Get ready for Christmas and start planning your healthy low carb meals. Even party menus are included in this book. So start celebrating now and treat yourself to this beautiful keto celebration cookbook, available for instant download.
Wishing you all a very happy Christmas and healthy new year.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.