Who loves crumbed seafood but doesn’t want the bread, gluten and carbs that come along with them? Try these low carb lemon crumbed shrimps for an easy and quick snack, or serve with vegetables or salad and turn this into a complete meal, with a homemade mayonnaise on the side.
Low Carb Lemon Crumbed Shrimps
Crumbed and deep fried seafood is incredibly unhealthy. Not only are they are high in carbs, grains, colours and flavours, but more concerning is the processed and oxidised seed oils they are usually fried in. It’s also scary just how much you can eat at one sitting if you’re not careful, so I decided to develop a recipe that has no grains, no gluten, low carb, no seed oils and really simple and quick.
When we start eating real food and say no to unprocessed food, many think we spend hours in the kitchen, we don’t, we just don’t open a packet anymore and a snack is ready.
- ½ cup almond meal/flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- salt/pepper to taste
- 2 cups pre cooked frozen shrimps, defrosted
- In a bowl mix the almond meal/flour with the lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Place the defrosted shrimps in the bowl and stir to coat each shrimp with the lemon crumbs.
- Heat some olive oil or coconut oil in a frying pan at a medium heat.
- Place the lemon crumbed shrimps in the frying pan and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve as an appetiser, snack, side dish or a main meal with a wedge of lemon.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.