Ah-mazing sugar-free orange and pecan grain-free granola. Low carb, healthy, nutritious and unprocessed real food. Who wants fortified ultra-procesesed cereals anyway?
Orange And Pecan Grain-Free Granola
If you have been following my website for some time, you know my grain-free granolas are legendary, and why I haven’t bought cereals/granola for 3 years. I encourage you to read my post on cereals/granola and the top 5 myths people believe that whole grains are healthy and a great start to the day (spoiler alert- they’re not).
And watch this little video to see why I ignore the food star ratings, the Heart tick and pretty much anything with a cartoon or a barn on the packaging. The video is pure gold!
Once you have made my orange and pecan grain-free granola, you might wish to try my other flavours – the basic recipe, chocolate grain-free granola , fennel & ginger grain-free granola or how about my grain-free granola bars?
I make a big batch and this lasts our family of five for 2 – 3 weeks. From the pictures I am tagged with on Instagram, looks like many of you are in this routine also.Ah-mazing sugar-free orange and pecan grain-free granola. Low carb, healthy, and nutritious.Click To Tweet
Serve orange and pecan grain-free granola with coconut cream, unsweetened natural yoghurt, and a few low sugar berries.
Stable Blood Sugars – One reader sent me his stable blood glucose readings after enjoying my other grain-free granolas with berries and unsweetened yoghurt.
- 8cups / 500g desiccated/shredded coconut unsweetened
- 2.5cups / 300g sunflower seeds
- 2.5cups / 300g pumpkin seeds
- 3/4cup / 70g slivered almonds
- 1/2cup / 40g psyllium husks
- 3/4cup / 70g pecans chopped
- 4-6 tbsp granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1/4cup / 50g coconut oil melted
- zest of 1 orange
Place all the nuts and seeds on a baking dish, then mix.
Pour the melted coconut oil over the mixed nuts and seeds, add the sweetener and orange zest. Mix again.
Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown. You MUST stir the granola as it bakes and browns every 3-4 minutes to ensure the granola doesn't burn. Stirring it so often ensure the granola is crispy through the entire batch
Once the entire grain free granola is browned and baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in storage jars.
- Serving size is 1/2 cup, aprox 45g.
- I store mine in the pantry, even in the summer where it should last for up to a month.
- Alternatively, store in the fridge for up to 2 months or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Discover how to give up sugar for life! Sign up for my FREE 5 day mini course.
- See how sugar is hiding from you
- Learn to eat out and stay sugar free
- Snack smarter
- See what's in my pantry
- Keep the momentum going and live sugar free for life!
- Get secret discount codes for subscribers only.