The keto turmeric milkshake is from the new cookbook “The Keto Diet”, written by Leanne Vogel.
There is an International book giveaway at the end of this post, so scroll down to read my book review and enter to win your very own copy of The Keto Diet – the complete guide to a high-fat diet.
The Keto Diet – the complete guide to a high-fat diet
My friend Leanne Vogel has just released her very first printed cookbook, Keto Diet – the complete guide to a high-fat diet.
I have been promoting her low carb and keto meal plans here for some time so I was so excited to receive a copy of her paperback. It is enormous, weighing in at a whopping 4lb, so it also works great for kitchen dumbbell curls.
She has been working on her book for a year and you can tell. It is an amazing, full and comprehensive guide to living low carb and keto.
Inside you will find –
- 215 pages of information on the keto diet, how keto works, strategies for meal prep and planning
- more than 125 delectable recipes – all are dairy free and paleo friendly. PLUS 84% are egg-free, 83% are coconut-free, 90% are nightshade-free, 67% are low FODMAP, 91% are nut-free and 42% are vegan making it one of the most versatile low-carb and keto books out there
- 5 different 28 day meal plans
- chapters that cover hormone imbalances, cholesterol, customising keto, what to expect when you are in ketosis, shopping guides, eating out guides, restaurant guides, how to avoid “dragon breath”, hair loss and so so much more
- infographics galore to wrap your head around the many facets of keto and low-carb.
Keto Turmeric Milkshake – the ultimate keto drink
This recipe is known as “the Fat-Burning Golden Milkshake” in The Keto Diet cookbook. The high fat content will keep you full for hours and hours. The turmeric, ginger and spices gives it a subtle kick and depth of flavour.
It is more nutritious than a regular sugar-laden milkshake, or that morning cup of coffee.Keto turmeric milkshake - the amazing fat burning drink. Check-it-out!Click To Tweet
It is egg free, nightshade free, nut free (depending on the milk used) and vegan. You can use any dairy substitute, I chose to make mine with coconut milk, which thickens to a dreamy creamy milkshake because of the addition of the ice-cubes to the keto turmeric milkshake. But you could also use any milk substitute that you can tolerate, such as almond milk.
Keto Turmeric Milkshake – the recipe
In the picture above I used coconut milk to make my keto turmeric milkshake. I have also successfully made it using 50:50 coconut cream:water when I ran out of coconut milk (oops).
It can be enjoyed cold or heated gently. The keto turmeric milkshake will certainly warm you up, no matter which way you choose to serve it.
Keto Turmeric Milkshake
Place all of the ingredients in a high-powered blender. If your blender is not high powered enough, grate or mince the turmeric and ginger roots before adding to the blender, or use powdered turmeric and ginger instead.
Blend on HIGH for 30 seconds, or until thick and golden.
Pout the kero turmeric milkshake into a glass and sprinkle with cinnamon and turmeric.
The nutrition panel will vary widely depending on which milk you decide to use and it's fat content.
Adding ground black pepper and fat may enhance the absorption of the active compound in turmeric, curcumin. Remember to always check with your healthcare professional if turmeric will interact with your current medication or medical condition.
If you love the look of Leanne’s new cookbook, why not try her meal plans? A complete guide to keto & 30 day meal plan.
The Keto Beginning
The complete beginner’s guide + 30 day meal plan. Help your body burn fat as energy instead of glucose.
- 17 chapters with everything you need to know to get into, and maintain, a state of nutritional ketosis using a low-carbohydrate, high-fat, moderate protein, whole food-based approach.
- Proven calculations to determine your macronutrient intake amounts.
- 16 actions that increase + decrease ketone production and what you can do about it.
30 Day Low Carb Meal Plan
- Over 50 “quickie” daily recipes ready in 15 minutes or less.
- 2-3 daily meals, snacks and drinks for every day.
- Various proteins, not just bacon and eggs!
Weekly Shopping Lists & Recipes
- Over 20 keto, low-carb paleo, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and legume-free recipes with vibrant photos and simple instruction.
- Simple spice mixtures to spice up your everything!
The Keto Diet – the complete guide to high-fat diet
For the chance to win your very own copy of The Keto Diet cookbook, simply complete the following. GOOD LUCK!
How to enter: the more ways you enter, the more chances you have to win The Keto Diet cookbook. Remember, it can be shipped worldwide.
- Ticket 1 (required) – Subscribe to my FREE newsletter, if you are a subscriber already, great stuff. Just enter your details in the Rafflecopter box below.
- Ticket 2 (optional) – Join my FREE closed Low Carb Support Group
- Ticket 3 (optional) – Follow me on Pinterest
- Ticket 3 (optional) – Leave a comment below telling me you have made the Keto Turmeric Milkshake, and how much you looooove it (or something to that effect).
- The giveaway will run from Monday 1st May 2017 until Friday 5th May 2017 6pm NZ time.
- Your email entry has to match the email address you subscribed with.
- This is a worldwide giveaway. One winner will be chosen at random and notified by email. Their email will be sent to the publisher to arrange delivery of the prize.
Subscribe now to receive your FREE copy of Top 10 low carb recipes eBook, my newsletter and secret discount codes for subscribers only.