The delicious healthy mug cake that can be made in the microwave, oven, and even air fryer.
This cinnamon roll low-carb mug cake gives you everything you love about cinnamon without the high carbs and sugar.
1-Minute Cinnamon Roll Low-Carb Mug Cake
Cinnamon rolls are one of those sinfully good treats that even when you aren't following low-carb you know you should only have every once in a while. The same concept should be applied to this low-carb cinnamon roll mug cake.
While this mug-cake only has 6g net carbs, a regular cinnamon roll can have between 30-70g net carbs, it is the highest net carb count of all my mug cakes.
If you are eating low-carb you can enjoy this cake as breakfast or a treat.
However, if you are eating keto only this cake will likely need to be eaten as breakfast and not a treat.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Low-Carb Mug Cake Batter
To make the batter for your mug cake you will first want to add the butter and cream cheese to your mug. Melt the butter and cream cheese in the microwave on high for 20 seconds.
Next mix in the remaining batter ingredients except for the brown sweetener and cinnamon. The brown sweetener and cinnamon will be used to make a cinnamon swirl in your cake later.
Be sure to scrape the bottom and side of the mug while mixing. Once done it is time to make your cinnamon swirl.
How To Get That Cinnamon Swirl In Cinnamon Roll Low-Carb Mug Cakes
To make the cinnamon swirl combine the brown sweetener and cinnamon together in a small dish. It won't mix completely, but that's ok.
Next, pour the cinnamon and brown sweetener mix over the top of the batter. Using the back of a fork swirl the cinnamon mixture into the batter using a circular motion.
You want to try to push the cinnamon into the batter, but you don't want it completely mixed in.
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your batter BEFORE cooking to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds. Read the Ultimate Guide To Low-Carb Sweeteners.
How To Cook Low-Carb Mug Cakes
Now it is time to cook your mug cake. Place the cake in the microwave and cook it on high for 60 seconds.
Use a toothpick or knife to check the doneness of the cake. If a toothpick or knife comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake it is done. If the batter comes out of the knife it needs to cook a bit longer.
Cook the cake for a little longer in 20 seconds increments until the cake is done. It only took 1 minute to cook in my microwave.
To cook mug cakes in the air fryer you need to find a small baking dish or ramekin to fit inside your air fryer. There must be at least 1 inch on all sides to allow the heat to circulate evenly.
- Preheat your air fryer to 180C/350F.
- Place the butter in your small baking dish and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until completely melted.
- Make the mug cake following the recipe card below.
- Gently lower your baking dish onto the air fryer wire rack. Ensure there is plenty of space between the ramekin dish and the side of the basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, depending on the size of your air fryer and the size of your ramekin or small baking dish.
If you love using your air fryer, I have 101 keto air fryer recipes for you to choose from (chicken, pork, ground beef, salmon, vegetables, and even desserts). Discover how to use your air fryer plus FREE printable air fryer cooking cheat sheets.
Making Cream Cheese Icing/Frosting
While your cake is cooking in the microwave whip up your cream cheese icing/frosting so that it is ready. To make the keto cream cheese frosting simply mix the cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla together in a small dish with a spoon.
The cream cheese will soften as you mix it. When it is mixed, use the spoon to spread the icing over the warm cinnamon roll mug cake so that the heat makes the icing soften and melt.
What if You Don't Have A Microwave? - No Problem
If you do not have a microwave or don't like to use them you can still make this mug cake. You will instead want to bake your individual cake in the oven using a cupcake pan or oven-safe ramekin.
Bake the cake at 180C/350F in the oven for 12 minutes, or until it is done.
How To Serve And Eat Low-Carb Mug Cakes
Your mug cake can be eaten directly out of the mug, or remove the cake from the mug to serve it on a plate.
This cinnamon roll mug cake is delicious and is perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth every once in a while.
More keto mug cake recipes
If you love quick and easy sugar-free recipes, these mug cakes are my favourite.
- Egg-free mug cheesecakes (4 flavors)
- Low-Carb Mug Cakes - 4 ways (+ VIDEO)
- Keto Vanilla Berry Mug Cake (+ VIDEO)
- Low-carb mug cake with lemon curd centre (+ VIDEO)
Please rate this recipe.
Low-Carb Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake Recipe (Cream Cheese Frosting)
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 2 tablespoon cream cheese full fat
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) baking powder
- 1 eggs - medium medium
- 1 teaspoon (6 ) ground cinnamon
- ½ tablespoon brown sweetener of choice
- Place the butter and cream cheese in your chosen microwavable mug. Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the cinnamon and brown sweetener to the mug and mix well.
- In a seperate small bowl mix together the cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour the cinnamon sugar mix over the mug cake batter. Use a knife or back of a fork to slightly mix the cinnamon and sugar into the batter using a spiral motion.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1:20 seconds minute.
- Mix together the cream cheese icing and spread it over the cop of your cinnamon roll mug cake while it is still warm. Enjoy!
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.