1-minute keto muffins will stop the snack-time panic. This is one of my all-time favorite keto recipes, and it's about to be yours too! These easy keto muffins can be enjoyed either savory or sweet, depending on your mood.
At only 2g net carbs, these quick keto muffins are the best thing for a versatile keto snack. They are a tasty solution for an empty lunch box emergency too. The whole family will enjoy it. This recipe will quickly become a new family favorite.
In this post, you'll find many flavour variations (see below). Which one will be your favourite?
1-Minute Keto Muffins
These 1-minute muffins only require 4 simple ingredients and are ready in uh-um... 1 minute. There's no added sugar either!
If you are new to low-carb or the keto diet, these fluffy muffins are an absolute lifesaver. Sweet or savoury, 1-minute keto muffins have got you covered.
Below, I'll give you a dozen different ways to enjoy these low carb muffins. However, don't stop there! Members from my Facebook Group have probably given me 100 more variations they have enjoyed.
If you come up with your own favourite flavour, please make sure to share it with me in the comments. I love hearing from you! Plus, I may want to try that flavour for myself. 😉
Want to start low-carb FAST? Learn how to start low-carb with the best deal of the year! DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
Super Fast Keto Muffin "Bread"
These super-fast keto muffins have quickly become an absolute staple in our house. We keep on dreaming up new variations. The fact that they are keto is an absolute bonus.
If you are in the middle of the crazy morning rush, your pantry is running low, and you don't know what to pack for lunch, whip up a keto muffin, and slide it out of the muffin pan (or cup). Split it in half, add your child's regular favourite sandwich filling, and tell them it's a mini slider!
Technically, I should call these 45-second muffins, as my microwave is 1220W. You may need to adjust cooking times according to your microwave.
Don't have a microwave? No problem. I've included an alternative cooking method in the recipe card below!
If you bake these in the oven, just remember to use a muffin tray (or muffin cups) with muffin liners.
More Recipes With Videos You May Like:
Keto Muffin Flavour Options
I have been experimenting by adding other ingredients to make these muffins sweet or savoury. These keto muffins can replace bread, bagels, and even cupcakes. The possibilities are almost endless.
For the sweet muffins, use your preferred sugar free sweeteners and always add sweetener and flavors to your taste.
These are the variations we have dreamt up so far. Take the basic recipe and simply add the following:
- sweet - 1 teaspoon sweetener
- nutty - 2 teaspoon nut butter (I like it with almond butter) and 1 teaspoon sweetener
- cinnamon - 1 teaspoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. When cooked, also add butter and sprinkle with sweetener and cinnamon
- cheesy - 2 tablespoon grated/shredded cheese and 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- spinach and feta - 2 tablespoon grated shredded cheese and some chopped cooked spinach leaves
- sloppy Joes with 1-minute muffin
- keto blueberry muffins - to make healthy blueberry muffins, simply add in a few spoonfuls of frozen or fresh blueberries with 1 teaspoon sweetener and 1 teaspoon vanilla
- lemon muffins - add in some grated lemon zest and a tiny bit of lemon juice into the muffin batter with 1 teaspoon sweetener
- breakfast sandwich - split a muffin and top it with eggs or egg whites, cheese, bacon or sausage...yum!
- keto chocolate chip muffins - add 1 tablespoon of cocoa nibs or sugar-free chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon sweetener before sticking in the microwave
- keto chocolate muffins - add 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder and with 1 teaspoon sweetener can help you satisfy your sweet tooth
See what I mean about endless possibilities with these amazing muffins? They make a great breakfast, lunch, or snack!
1-Minute Keto Muffin Toppings
Another decision you'll need to make is if you want a topping for your muffin. If so, which one?
For a decadent treat, why not add some homemade sugar-free Nutella to top them off? Watch out - they could become addictive.
Cream cheese would also be lovely. For a fun tea treat, you can try these muffins with whipped heavy cream and sugar free jam.
The keto muffins would also be quick and tasty keto casserole dumplings.
Prepare the 1-minute keto muffins as per the recipe, then cut them in half and pop them on top of any casserole. You could even sprinkle the casserole and dumplings with cheese before putting the lid back on. How amazing would that be?
If it is a lamb casserole, I would add 1 teaspoon dried or fresh rosemary to the muffin mix.
How To Serve Keto Muffins
Once the 1-minute keto muffins are cooked, you can eat them as they are or you can toast them. I gave my toaster away 3 years ago, so I lightly fry them in the frying pan when I am making a big breakfast.
But my favourite way is to eat them hot with lashings of melted butter, sweetener, and cinnamon. This golden brown treat goes great with my morning coffee!
I serve these low-carb muffins with soup or bacon and eggs (say hello to your very own keto egg McMuffin) or sweetened as a quick dessert with whipped cream.
Learn how to make easy family meals that everyone will enjoy It's not about doing more, it's about doing things differently. DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW.
Zero Waste With Purposeful Cooking
One of the best things about small batch recipes is that nothing goes to waste. It's nice to enjoy without worrying about food spoilage.
That's one of the many reasons why I think cooking with purpose can make a huge difference in our food budget.
One of the biggest concerns new low-carb followers have is the cost of specialty ingredients. But, you can easily pick up some tips on how to eat healthy and save money.
Luckily, you probably have all the ingredients you need to make these gluten-free, low-carb muffins in your pantry right now. There's no need to head out to the grocery store and buy anything new.
Get your FREE pantry printable Low-Carb And Keto Emergency Food Lists.
Tips for Making Perfect Keto Muffins
RECIPE UPDATE & TOP TIPS: Readers have a love/hate relationship with this recipe. I have discovered this is because coconut flour quality varies so much. One teaspoon of one coconut flour brand may be equivalent to one tablespoon of another - hence the variations we have seen in the comments below.
This is the only drawback of using these wonderful new, unprocessed whole-food ingredients. They aren't as standardised as the ultra-processed and high-carb baking ingredients out there.
5 Top Tips for Making This Recipe
- Ensure you measure carefully. You wouldn't believe how many readers have got the baking powder mixed up with the coconut flour.
- Mix thoroughly. You don't want a clump of coconut flour or baking powder stuck in the corner of your microwaveable mug. So mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients until the muffin batter is smooth.
- Allow the batter to thicken. Coconut flour has the most amazing ability to absorb and swell when liquid (the egg) is added. Not allowing it to thicken is when some readers have decided to microwave it for a longer period and end up with a dry, overcooked muffin.
- If all the tips above fail to create a regular bread batter for the keto muffin, add another teaspoon of coconut flour and mix again.
- Flavour, flavour, flavour. Whether it is more spices and cheese for a savoury muffin or additional sweetener and cinnamon for a sweet muffin, always flavour to your personal taste. No one wants a dry, tasteless muffin. There's no fun in that.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Let me know what you think in the comments below.
1-Minute Keto Muffins
Please rate this recipe
- Grease a ramekin dish (or very large coffee mug) with coconut oil or butter.
- Mix all the ingredients together with a fork to ensure it is lump free.
- Cook the 1-minute keto muffin in the microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds - 1 minute. Alternatively, they can be baked in an oven, at 200C/400F for 12 minutes.
- Cut in half and serve. (toasting or frying is optional)
LOW-CARB STARTER PACK: Want to start low-carb FAST? Learn how to start TODAY ... even if you're a complete beginner Get all the resources and action plans you need - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW