Sugar free baked custard is for those who really miss the luxurious, creamy sugary custard we probably all grew up on. It is not as low carb as many of my recipes, but it is a lower carb version of comforting sugary custard.
Sugar Free Baked Lemon Custard
My daughter made these, and they were beautiful. They have no added sugar are gluten free, wheat free and grain free. The lemon zest is not strong but just enough to give it flavour.Finally a sugar free baked lemon custard.
Bake in a bain marie water bath, and they turn our soft rather than a solid baked custard. Sugar free baked lemon custard are brilliant to accompany roast lemon tarragon chicken. They can also be eaten cold the next day.
Sugar-Free Baked Lemon Custard
- Whisk the eggs with a hand whisk and add the milk and sweetener.
- Add the lemon zest and juice, whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into ramekin dishes which have been wiped with butter so the baked custard doesn't stick.
- Place the ramekins dishes in a large baking/roasting dish and cover the base with water so it reaches half the ramekins dish.
- Carefully place into the oven and bake at 180C for approximately 30 minutes, or until the centre is cooked and no longer 'wobbly'.
- Remove from the water bath and allow to cool slightly before serving.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Join my FUN mini challenge. You will learn:
- The 30 ways sugar is damaging you
- How to snack smarter
- How to eat out AND stay sugar free
- How sugar is hiding from you
- See what's in my pantry
- How to live sugar free for life!