These are the best 34 delicious keto desserts with cream cheese, you have to try.
There are no-bake recipes, baked keto cheesecakes, creamy chocolate frosting, cream cheese fat bombs, slow-cooker cheesecakes, frozen desserts, and even Instant Pot cream cheese recipes.
- Baking 101 (tips & charts)
- Is cream cheese keto?
- Which cream cheese is best to buy?
- Keto cream cheese desserts
- What are the best cream cheese substitutes?
- Common keto dessert ingredients
- 34 Simple keto desserts with cream cheese to try
- What is cheesecake fluff?
- How to make keto cheesecake fluff?
- Baked cheesecake recipes
- No-bake cheesecake recipes
- Frozen keto cream cheese desserts
- Keto mug cheesecakes
- Creamy peanut butter recipes
- Cream cheese frosting and fudge recipes
- Cream cheese truffle recipes
- Cream cheese FAQ
The best keto cream cheese desserts the whole family will love. All are sugar-free and gluten-free.
Baking 101 (tips & charts)
Is cream cheese keto?
Cream cheese is low-carb, moderate protein, and high-fat dairy which is often used in many keto recipes and low-carb recipes.
It is a versatile ingredient that can be used in low-carb desserts, keto savory sauces, sugar-free frozen desserts, and even keto cheesecake fluff recipe.
Which cream cheese is best to buy?
I buy the Philadelphia blocks of cream cheese which is one of the lowest carb cream cheeses. But you can buy any brand as long as you check the list of ingredients and make sure it doesn't have any added sugar, starches, or additives.
Philadelphia cream cheese original block nutrition per 100g: 7.1 g protein, 1.8 g net carbs, 35.7 g fat, and 357 calories.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
Always buy the full-fat cream cheese because lite cream cheese (or low-fat cream cheese) may be lower in fat and lower in calories, but they often add sugar and additives to give it the same creamy texture as regular cream cheese.
Avoid lite or low-fat cream cheeses because your keto cheesecakes, keto fudge recipes, low-carb frozen desserts, and sugar-free ice creams, will not set properly.
Keto cream cheese desserts
When starting a keto diet, you may have sugar cravings and still want your regular creamy desserts.
While you do not want to eat sugary treats every single day, it can help to know a few simple keto cream cheese dessert recipes. These tasty keto desserts make it easier to stop your sugar cravings and chocolate cravings while staying on your ketogenic diet.
These low-carb desserts are made with cream cheese and are delicious for friends or family (and no one will notice it's sugar-free!)
What are the best cream cheese substitutes?
If you can't find any keto-friendly cream cheese, you can use these substitutes. How much you can swap in a recipe will depend on the recipe itself. For example, you can't swap sour cream for cream cheese in a cheesecake, but you could perhaps swap it in a savory sauce or low-carb dip.
10 best cream cheese swaps
- Mascarpone cheese - while mascarpone and cream cheese may look the same, and can be used interchangeably, cream cheese tends to be firmer and sets easier.
- Ricotta cheese - is soft and sweet and is often used to replace cream cheese in sweet recipes or for filling stuffed chicken breasts.
- Neufchâtel cheese - is a soft spreadable cream cheese from France. You can swap for cream cheese 1:1. It may not be as rich and creamy.
- Greek yogurt - can be swapped for cream cheese in dips and sauces. It is lower fat and pourable.
- Sour cream - this is a thick spoonable cream often used in dips and spreads instead of cream cheese. It is more acidic so you may need to adjust flavorings to your taste and to the recipe.
- Cottage cheese - is chunky and has lower fat than cream cheese. It can be used in sweet and savory recipes
- Cashew cheese - is another great vegan cheese, but it is not low-carb because cashews are a high-carb nut.
- Hummus - while not a traditional swap in sweet recipes, it can be used instead of vegan cream cheese in savory dips and spreads.
- Silken tofu - vegan cheesecakes often use silken tofu. Blend until smooth then use in recipes that have been developed using tofu. You cannot do a straight 1:1 swap.
- Quark - is a spreadable creamy cheese often found in Europe. It tastes and behaves just like cream cheese. It can be used in almost all sweet and savory recipes.
Common keto dessert ingredients
What do you need to make keto low-carb desserts? Just a few simple ingredients that can all be found at your local grocery store, online at Amazon, or internationally at iHerb.
- Sweeteners - use your favorite sweetener of choice. You can use powdered sweeteners or granulated sweeteners. The most popular sugar replacements are erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, allulose, and xylitol. Most of these measure 1:1 instead of real sugar.
- Eggs - always use fresh eggs, not carton eggs.
- Sugar-free chocolate chips - check the sweeteners used and avoid ones that contain maltitol (which raises blood sugars).
- Gelatin - powdered gelatin in a box is best.
- Almond flour - or almond meal/ground almonds are often used in gluten-free cheesecake crusts.
- Coconut flour - is often used instead of almond flour in pie crusts and cookies.
34 Simple keto desserts with cream cheese to try
Each of the healthy recipes is low in net carbs, keto-friendly, and all use keto sweetener instead of regular sugar. Click on each recipe to get full quantities, instructions, and nutrition information.
There are so many amazing low carb keto cream cheese recipes, that I have split them into various recipe categories.
- Keto cheesecake fluff
- No-bake cheesecake recipes
- Baked cheesecake recipes
- Frozen keto desserts
- Keto mug cheeseecakes
- Creamy peanut butter recipes
- Keto frosting and keto fudge
- Keto truffle recipes
What is cheesecake fluff?
Keto cheesecake fluff is an absolute keto classic dessert made with only 3 ingredients in under 5 minutes. It is a sweet combination of whipped cream, low-carb cream cheese, sweetener, and sometimes vanilla essence.
- Cream cheese
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
How to make keto cheesecake fluff?
For the best results, I recommend using an electric mixer to make cheesecake fluff soft and fluffy. You can whip your cream manually, but it takes longer and is never quite so fluffy.
Pour heavy whipping cream into a large mixing bowl or your stand mixer. Continue to whisk until stiff peaks form. In another large mixing bowl, mix the cream cheese with powdered sweetener until smooth. Slowly fold ⅓ of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold the next ⅓, and then the final ⅓.
Serve your keto cheesecake fluff in individual serving bowls or glasses.
Baked cheesecake recipes
The classic keto cream cheese recipes are baked cheesecakes. You can make them in the oven, in the slow-cooker, and even in the Instant Pot. Some have an almond flour crust, whilst others are crustless, with fewer net grams of carbs.
Discover how to cook a cheesecake in your One Pot with this quick and easy recipe.
A baked New York cheesecake is covered with a keto chocolate ganache (or melted sugar-free chocolate chips).
For a chocolate low-carb dessert, this chocolate swirl cheesecake will make the whole family happy. They won't even know it's sugar-free.
A cheesecake cooked in the slow-cooker is moist and fluffy, without being dense and heavy.
If you love your pressure cooker, you'll love this low-carb dessert, covered with fruit jelly.
Baked keto cheesecake squares are crustless and naturally gluten-free.
Keto cheesecake brownies are made in one bowl using a stick blender. This has to be the easiest low-carb dessert there is.
Almond flour mozzarella dough is baked as sweet keto cinnamon rolls with a vanilla cream cheese frosting, for a real sweet treat.
If you don't like to eat cream cheese in a real cheesecake, why not make some pancake batter in your blender and make some sheet pan pancakes instead of keto baking?
No-bake cheesecake recipes
No-bake cream cheese desserts are perfect for entertaining a crowd in summer when it's too hot to have the oven on.
Layers of whipped cream, sweetened vanilla cream cheese filling, low-carb chocolate custard, and crushed chocolate cheesecake crust are the most popular no-bake chocolate dessert for chocolate lovers on the keto lifestyle.
A simple sugar-free cheesecake filling made with lemon juice and lemon zest is refreshing and absolutely delicious.
There are so many incredible recipes that you can enjoy on your low-carb diet, especially with blueberry cheesecake to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Jaffa is the classic combination of chocolate and orange, tastes incredible in this low-carb cream cheese dessert.
Mint and chocolate are the perfect low-carb dessert flavors.
Frozen keto cream cheese desserts
Another no-bake low-carb dessert is simple frozen cream cheese recipes mixed with heavy cream and sweetener.
Fresh blueberries mixed with low-carb cream cheese then frozen for fruit sweet treats.
Keto mug cheesecakes
An egg-free cheesecake filling is one of the best low-carb desserts and is super creamy.
This tasty and creamy mug cheesecake will take just 90 seconds to make. It tastes as good as an authentic cheesecake with vanilla extract and has no added sugar so you can enjoy it
Creamy peanut butter recipes
Low-carb cream cheese recipes with creamy peanut butter will satisfy your sweet tooth when you're craving sweets.
Simple no-bake peanut butter fudge will satisfy your sweet tooth and a great snack.
No-bake peanut butter cheesecake is one recipe guaranteed to be eaten by peanut butter loving children.
Cream cheese frosting and fudge recipes
Sweet cream cheese frosting is the perfect way to decorate your keto cakes and keto cookies.
The easiest keto desserts with cream cheese have to be no-bake fudge. I like to keep these in the fridge for a soft fudge, and in the freezer for a solidly frozen fudge.
One of the popular recipes in Autumn is pumpkin pie spice fudge.
Cream cheese truffle recipes
Low-carb cream cheese truffles are delicious recipes with minimal prep time. Made with melted butter, cream cheese, and cocoa powder. They can be placed on parchment paper then covered in dark chocolate or chopped nuts.
Cream cheese FAQ
Yes, the powdered sweetener is better than granulated to give a smooth and creamy texture. If you only have granulated sweetener you can put it into your coffee grinder and grind it to a fine powder.
You can eat this cheesecake fluff immediately after it is prepared, it's ready to eat straight away. However, it is also a quick and easy meal prep dessert that you can whip up while making your family dinner, or ahead of a dinner party because it stores well in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yes, you can freeze cheesecake fluff as a quick and easy frozen keto dessert, or as a quick and easy keto ice cream.
Cream cheese is one of the versatile soft cheeses that can be used in sweet and savory recipes on the keto diet. It is low-carb, moderate protein, and high-fat.
Fat bombs recipes are high-fat recipes that help to keep you fuller for longer. It is a mixture of cream cheese, melted butter ad sweet or savory flavors, usually rolled into balls and kept in the fridge or the freezer.
Yes, when you add vanilla extract, cheesecake fluff tastes just like real cheesecake filling.
It's best to use room-temperature cream cheese or softened cream cheese so it is easier to mix your other ingredients and to make sure it is smooth and without any lumps.
If you only use part of a block, place the remainder into an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Please leave a COMMENT.