There's a whole lotta hoopla around bunless or paleo burgers. In fact they are incredibly simple to make and far more nutritious than your regular take away burger in a bun.
There's not much to this recipe, except to show you how I now make our bunless burgers.
- Ground beef/minced beef
- Salt and pepper - add seasoning to taste
No flour or binders are required to hold the ground/minced beef together. Just add an egg and seasoning to the once/ground beef and mix firmly with your hands.
How to make burger patties
Squeeze the ground beef mixture into the shape of burger patties by hand or use a stuffed burger press.
Fry gently on both sides until thoroughly cooked. Season with salt again on both sides as they are cooking to really bring out the flavours of the beef.
Bunless burger wraps
Instead of using the hamburger bun, place the cooked beef burger in between 2 large mushrooms or use a large lettuce leaf.
Alternative to bread hamburger buns -
- Large mushrooms
- Lettuce wraps
- Slices of cheese
- Served on top of a salad
- Fried egg
Fill with your favourite salad ingredients such as pickles, cheese, fried egg, bacon, and keto BBQ sauce.
Keto burger sauces
You can add so many delicious keto sauces to your burger.
Add mustard, salsa, mayonnaise, sugar-free ketchup, keto BBQ sauce for that authentic burger taste.
A bunless burger is so much healthier than a traditional burger with double or triple the vegetables that would usually be inside.
Serve a salad with a healthy oil or salad dressing.
Please rate this recipe.
Keto Bunless Burger Recipe (No Bun Burger)
- 500 g (1.1 lb) ground/minced beef
- 1 eggs - medium
- +/- salt and pepper to taste
- If adding a diced red onion, pre cook it by frying in a little butter until soft then add to a bowl with the mince/ground beef.
- In a bowl add the beef, onion (optional), egg and seasoning. Mix with hands until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 5 portions. Take each portion of ground/mince beef, and squeeze it into a firm, flat burger shape. The firmer you squeeze it into shape, the more likely it is to stay together while cooking.
- Fry gently until thoroughly cooked on both sides.
*You will need to calculate your vegetables separately as what and how much you choose will vary enormously.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
I wrap my burgers and brats in a sheet of nori. That way I can add fillings like mushrooms and grilled onions. Can be messy so eat over plate. Also use this for tacos.