Have you been searching for low-carb chocolate mint truffles? Then read on my friend, these are a game-changer.
2g NET carbs.
Top tip: Keep a handy supply of these in your freezer for when a sugar craving strikes.
Low-Carb Chocolate Mint Truffles
What's not to love about chocolate and mint? I love having mint chocolates after a special meal, but a serving (5 wafers) of After Eight, contains a whopping 31g carbs!
So to stay on track (even if you're busy), why not make a batch of these healthy truffles and store them in the freezer.
They are also the perfect after-dinner treat when you have visitors over.
How many carbs are in a low-carb truffle?
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Want to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Delicious recipes to please a crowd - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
Each low carb chocolate mint truffle is 2g net carbs, and because they are just so filling (hello healthy fat, my friend) you really only eat 1, or even 2.
It is still only a fraction of the carbs of an After Eight serving.
Low-carb chocolate mint truffles. No added sugar, only from the melted chocolate used to make these, so you can choose how dark and how high cacao % you prefer.
You may also want to adjust how much sweetener you use.
TOP TIP: As with ALL recipes here, ALWAYS taste your recipe BEFORE finishing to ensure you have added enough sweetener to suit YOUR tastebuds.
If this is day 1 of sugar-free living for you, you may require twice the amount of sugar as someone who has been living sugar-free for years.
So don't be afraid to add more sweetener. The longer you live sugar-free, the less sweetener in time you will require.
How to store sugar-free chocolate truffles?
I keep my sugar-free truffles in the fridge at all times.
If my children haven't demolished them and eaten them all, I manage to store a few in an airtight container in the freezer too.
Perfect when a sugar craving strikes and you don't want to go back to regular high-sugar chocolate.
Low Carb Chocolate Mint Truffles
- Warm the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds then stir to soften.
- Melt the chocolate and allow to cool to the same temperature as the cream cheese, otherwise the chocolate will harden into lumps as it mixes with cold cream cheese.
- Mix the softened cream cheese, chocolate, cocoa, sweetener and peppermint essence.
- Cool in the fridge until firm enough to roll into balls.
- Roll generous teaspoons of the truffle mixture and cool again in the refrigerator.
- Dust with a little cocoa powder to serve.