Impress your friends with the most delicious baked keto chocolate-swirl cheesecake recipe.
Serve with whipped cream and melted sugar-free chocolate.
It's one of those keto recipes the whole family will love.
This delicious keto cheesecake is also low carb, no added sugar, wheat free, grain free, gluten free, decadent, and full of flavor.
Is cheesecake keto?
No, regular cheesecake is full of added sugars, crushed cookies, and unnecessary carbs. Cheesecake is usually avoided on the low-carb diet or keto diet.
By making a few simple swaps you can easily make a healthy cheesecake that's sugar-free too.
Instead of crushed cookies or crushed biscuits for the cheesecake crust, this keto cheesecake recipe uses unsweetened cocoa powder, sweetener, and almond flour.
The creamy cheesecake filling is made using cream cheese, fresh eggs, and dark cocoa powder.
See the recipe card for ingredients quantities and full instructions with recipe notes.
- Butter - melted salted butter or salted butter with a pinch of salt added.
- Granulated sweetener - of choice or more, to your taste. the most popular keto sweeteners are erythritol, allulose, monk fruit, or xylitol.
- Cocoa powder - unsweetened cocoa powder. Always check nutrition labels for added sugars.
- Almond flour - or fine almond meal will work in this cheesecake crust.
Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Cream cheese - full-fat cream cheese is required in the keto cheesecake filling otherwise it won't set firmly.
- Natural unsweetened yogurt.
- Eggs - medium eggs, fresh eggs are best.
- Granulated sweetener - choose your favorite sugar replacement.
- 90% dark chocolate - melted dark sugar-free chocolate to drizzle over the top to decorate the low-carb keto cheesecake.
- Cacao powder - unsweetened cocoa powder
Use the best quality, high cacao chocolate (unsweetened cocoa powder) that you can find. It is just as nice warm as it is cold the next day. It can also be baked in a square tray and cut into smaller squares.
How to bake cheesecakes
I always line the baking dish, pie dish, or cheesecake dish with baking parchment paper to guarantee each slice can be removed without the cheesecake base sticking or falling apart.
The whole chocolate swirl baked-cheesecake can be removed from the baking dish for a nicer presentation, but let it cool completely and set firmly before removing.How to serve keto cheesecakes
This is a great showstopper keto dessert to take when dining with friends.
Serve your choc swirl keto cheesecake with berries, whipped cream, melted sugar-free chocolate, or a chocolate ganache.
TOP KETO TIP: always ask if you can bring the dessert when dining with friends because you can control the dessert part of the meal.
More keto cheesecake recipes
If you love this low-carb healthy cheesecake recipe, why not try these ones too?
- Low-carb raspberry swirl cheesecake - served with a yummy simple raspberry sugar-free sauce
- Keto peanut butter cheesecake (no-bake recipe)
- Keto berry layered cheesecake (Instant Pot recipe)
- 16 + BEST keto cheesecake recipes (family-friendly)
- Sugar-free berry cheesecake popsicles - layered fun perfect for the summer months
- Low-carb and no-bake jaffa cheesecake - chocolate and orange heaven
- Baked NY-style cheesecake - with an easy chocolate ganache
More keto chocolate desserts
You can still enjoy a chocolate cake when on a low-carb diet or keto diet. The most popular baked flourless chocolate ganache cake (keto chocolate cake) is an absolutely perfect healthy keto birthday cake recipe.
If you want to sneak more vegetables into your picky eaters, then the zucchini chocolate cake is perfect for the whole family.
And if a creamy keto no-bake dessert is more your style, then try keto chocolate lasagna. With 3 creamy sweet layers topped off with whipped cream.
Decorate with keto buttercream (sugar-free cream cheese frosting). It can be frozen or eaten by the spoon!
Please rate this recipe.
Chocolate Swirl Baked Low-Carb Cheesecake Recipe
- Melt the butter then and add the sweetener, cocoa and almonds.
- Press onto the lined base of the baking dish.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 10 minutes.
Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
- Using a stick blender with a whisk attachment, or food processor, mix the cream cheese with the sweetener to soften the cream cheese and remove any lumps.
- Add the natural yoghurt, mix again.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing between each egg.
- Remove half the mixture into another bowl. Add the cocoa powder and the melted chocolate a few tablespoons at a time.
- In the baking dish that has the chocolate crust, place big spoons of white cheesecake mixture, alternating with chocolate cheesecake mixture. Using a knife, gently swirl through the mixtures so they swirl but do not mix.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 30-40 minutes, or until the cheesecake is cooked and no longer 'wobbles' in the middle.
- If serving warm, allow to cool slightly before slicing.
- Drizzle with melted dark chocolate.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.