Fat bombs are a fabulous way to curb your appetite. You may never have heard of fat bombs, and the idea of adding MORE healthy fat into our diet is the exact opposite of what we have been told for years - to cut back on fat.
But eating more healthy fats will keep us sustained for hours and coconut oil especially, has an amazing array of health benefits such as antifungal, antiviral and contains lauric acid and medium-chain triglycerides which are metabolised uniquely to have beneficial effects in the brain.
Coconut Fat Bombs
But remember, before you can increase your fat intake, it is imperative you must cut back on your carbs otherwise you are eating a SAD diet (standard American diet) high fat and high carbs which is an absolute health disaster.
See below for more low carb sweet treats. I'm sure there are a few flavours you will like.
Coconut Fat Bombs
Please rate this recipe
- Mix all the ingredients in a pouring jug until sweetener is dissolved.
- Pour into ice cube trays or silicon moulds.
- Refrigerate for 10 minutes. Ready! Voila!
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More recipes you may like:
- Walnut & Chocolate Keto Fudge - beautiful frozen too
- Peppermint Fat Bombs - these seriously are delicious. Be careful how much peppermint you add.
- Ginger Fat Bombs - for those who want a change from all things chocolate (why?) or coconut
- Paleo Easter Eggs - just call them paleo coconut balls the rest of the year
- Chocolate Fat Bombs. They are zero carbs if you don't add the nuts.
- Chocolate Mint Truffles - for that something extra special. I get my children to make these, train them young.
For more low carb, gluten-free, recipes, all made with real food sign up to our free newsletter and receive a free eBook with some exclusive recipes.