Cream cheese stuffed meatballs, now what's not to love about that combo? Perfect for a protein and healthy fat hot, perfect for a snack or a full meal.
Low Carb Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
These are what dreams are made of. Low carb cream cheese stuffed meatballs. They are quick to make, economical, perfect as a snack, lunch, dinner, breakfast (you know I think leftovers are King!) and can be frozen. So why not make a double, triple batch and be prepared for the weeks ahead.
How about serving them on a platter as an appetiser, on bamboo sticks, or warm them up on the barbecue in summer. They can be served hot or cold, with or without dips. They would go brilliantly with my low carb curry coconut dipping sauce. And as for a quick protein snack, they are portable and sturdy to carry around.Look what I found! An easy recipe for cream cheese stuffed meatballs. Low carb and grain free amazeballs.
You can even adapt the filling to your liking. How about feta and basil? Blue cheese? Haloumi? Chives? Mozzarella and pepperoni? The possibilities are endless. I try to make my recipes as adaptable asp possible. It's about giving you ideas, about thinking differently. Leave a comment with your fabulous idea for a new stuffing combo.
Cream Cheese Stuffed Meatballs
- 1 (1 ) spring onion finely sliced
- 1 clove (1 clove) garlic crushed
- 750 g (1.6 lb) ground/mince meat I used pork
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (1 ) eggs - medium slightly beaten
- 2 slices (2 slices) bacon finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (3 tbsp) sun-dried tomatoes finely diced
- 2 tbsp (2 tbsp) favourite herbs - I use rosemary, thyme, oregano and sage
- 110 g (1/2 cups) cream cheese diced into squares
- Place all the meatball ingredients on a large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop up a golfball size of meatball mixture.
- Squeeze the mixture into a ball then flatten into a circle.
- Place a cube of cream cheese in the centre of the meatball circle then enclose the meatball mixture around the cream cheese.Place the cream cheese stuffed meatball on a greased baking tray.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used. Spray them all with olive oil spray so they will crisp and brown beautifully.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15-20minutes depending on your oven, or until golden brown.