A deliciously easy, baked grain-free granola made with simple ingredients on a baking tray.
Homemade sugar-free granola is an easy breakfast for the entire family and you can vary all the delicious seeds and nuts to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Grain-free granola is the perfect way to start your busy day when you don't have time to make breakfast.
Easy keto breakfast meal prep
At the start of a busy day, it's great to be able to have breakfast already made. The easiest keto breakfast meal prep has to be a homemade granola recipe.
Once you get into the habit of making grain-free granola, it really is incredibly simple to do every Sunday night.
The granola is easy to store in the pantry, fridge, and even freezer making it the perfect make-ahead keto breakfast.
Homemade granola is packed with a variety of seeds, nuts, spices, coconut, and is filling and nutrient-dense.
The recipe below is purely a guide as to what I use but have fun and change the ingredients to things you really love.
I always have my pantry full of coconut, seeds, nuts, and whatever else I feel like throwing in the granola mix, then pop it all in a large roasting dish with coconut oil and some spices.
- desiccated/shredded coconut - unsweetened
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- dried fennel seeds
- ground ginger
- ground cardamom
- granulated sweetener - add more or less, to your taste
- coconut oil - melted
All quantities, ingredients, and instructions are in the recipe card below.
Vary the spices or flavours or even make a plain one then allow your family and children to sprinkle on some dried spices or cocoa to make it 'their way'.
The other grain-free granola's I have made are plain, cinnamon and chocolate but hands down this granola recipe is my favourite. I even sprinkle more fennel seeds in my bowl before I eat it.
You can use and serve grain-free granola in many ways.
- Add milk and low-sugar berries
- Add unsweetened yoghurt and berries
- Sprinkle on whipped cream and berries for a quick low carb dessert
- Add to your grain free granola bars
- Take a little pot in your handbag or car as an emergency snack
More keto granola recipes
Try these grain-free granolas also. Is there another flavour you would like me to develop next?
- 9 best sugar-free homemade granola recipes
- Low-carb cinnamon Crunch
- Sugar-free and gluten-free granola Bars
- Sugar-free chocolate Granola
- The Original Grain Free Granola - this is a fabulous post to watch the video and read all the myths regarding "healthy cereals"
Please rate this recipe.
Fennel And Ginger Grain-Free Granola Recipe
- Place all the ingredients in a large roasting dish.
- Mix together with a large spoon.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/350F for 20 minutes but you must turn the mixture every 3-4 minutes. I set my timer each time I put it back in the oven as it is too darn easy to forget and lose an expensive batch of grain free granola if it accidentally burns.
- Once the entire grain free granola is browned and baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in storage jars.
- Serving size is ½ cup, aprox 43g.
- I store mine in the pantry, even in the summer where it should last for up to a month.
- Alternatively, store in the fridge for up to 2 months or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.