Have you ditched the cereals yet? Are you eating grain free granola yet? With sugary cereals these days being more akin to a dessert (in fact there is now a company that has set up a cereal bar and cafe) it really is time to give up these for good. So what do you have instead?
Grain free granola that is packed with seeds, nuts, spices, coconut and nutrition. Read my other post on the 5 myths surrounding breakfast cereals and watch the videos, because if you can understand what is wrong with breakfast cereals, you will understand what is wrong with modern food production.
Fennel & Ginger Grain Free Granola
Once you get into the habit of making grain free granola, it really is incredibly simple to do. I know to buy a stash of coconut, seeds, nuts and whatever else I feel like throwing in the mix, then pop it all in a large roasting dish with coconut oil and some spices. The recipe below is purely a guide as to what I use but have fun and change the ingredients to things you really love.It's time to ditch the cereal and granola. This has to be one of the best grain free granola recipes out there.
Vary the spices or flavours or even make a plain one then allow your family and children to sprinkle on some dried spices or cocoa to make it ‘their way’.
The other grain free granola’s I have made are plain, cinnamon and chocolate but hands down this is my favourite. I even sprinkle more fennel seeds on my bowl before I eat it.
You can use grain free granola in many ways :: How do you use grain free granola?
- Add milk and berries
- Add yoghurt and berries
- Sprinkle on whipped cream and berries for a quick low carb dessert
- Add to your grain free granola bars
- Take a little pot in your handbag or car as an emergency snack
Fennel And Ginger Grain Free Granola
- Place all the ingredients in a large roasting dish.
- Mix together with a large spoon.
- Bake in the oven at 180C/350F for 20 minutes but you must turn the mixture every 3-4 minutes. I set my timer each time I put it back in the oven as it is too darn easy to forget and lose an expensive batch of grain free granola if it accidentally burns.
- Once the entire grain free granola is browned and baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in storage jars.
- Serving size is 1/2 cup, aprox 43g.
- I store mine in the pantry, even in the summer where it should last for up to a month.
- Alternatively, store in the fridge for up to 2 months or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Try these grain free granolas also. Is there another flavour you would like me to develop next?
- Cinnamon Crunch
- Sugar Free & Grain Free Granola Bars
- Chocolate Granola
- The Original Grain Free Granola – this is a fabulous post to watch the video and read all the myths regarding “healthy cereals”