Dreaming of healthy grain-free KFC? Well dream no longer, this is one of the most popular recipes on the website, for a very good reason. It is insanely easy and insanely delicious. There’s even a new cooking video to show you how to make it – with my secret method that saves all the mess and clean up.
Low carb, Banting, LCHF, Paleo, Gluten free, Grain free, Wheat free.
My children have nick named KFC “Kids Fattening Club” and my daughter has made it her life long ambition to never try KFC. Well now she doesn’t have to. If you used to love the taste of KFC but don’t want the wheat, gluten and carbs, then my grain-free KFC is a great alternative.
Grain-free KFC is so good and so healthy. It is low carb, wheat free, sugar free, trans fat free, and gluten free. It’s so easy and requires no dirty dishes because you make the whole recipe in a clean plastic bag!!! Can this get any better? Ah ha, taste it and see. (P.S. These only cost $6.95 for 6 big chicken drumsticks and were really ‘meaty’. No more shrivelled up chicken wings with minimal protein).
[clickToTweet tweet=”Homemade grain-free KFC. Watch the cooking video to see how it’s made in a bag with no mess!” quote=”Homemade grain-free KFC. Watch the cooking video to see how it’s made in a bag with no mess!”]
- Put the ground almonds and all the herbs and spices into a plastic food bag, twist the top and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken drumsticks, twist the top, shake and rub the mixture through the bag onto the chicken.
- In a baking dish, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom well (1-2mm).
- Place the chicken drumsticks on the oil and bake at 180C/350F for 45 minutes.
- Turn 2 or 3 times while they are cooking so all the coating gets covered in the olive oil.
Join my email community
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter service and get instant access to the FREE Low-Carb FAQ & Diet Sheet as a subscriber bonus. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.