Dreaming of healthy keto KFC chicken? Well dream no longer, this is one of the most popular recipes on the website, for a very good reason. It is insanely easy and delicious. There's even a cooking video to show you how to make it - with my secret method that saves all the mess and clean up.
Each piece is only 1.5g NET carbs!
In this post you'll learn:
- How many grams of carbs are in fried chicken?
- What ingredients do you need to make low carb copycat fried chicken?
- What parts of the chicken do you use for keto "fried" chicken?
- Alternative coating to make fried chicken keto
- What sides go great with this low carb "fried" chicken?
Keto KFC Copycat Chicken
My children have nicknamed KFC "Kids Fattening Club" and my daughter has made it her life long ambition to never try KFC. Well, now she doesn't have to.
If you used to love the taste of KFC but don't want the wheat, gluten and carbs, then my grain-free KFC is a great alternative.
Grain-free KFC is so good and so healthy. It is low carb, wheat-free, sugar free, trans fat free, and gluten-free. It's so easy and requires no dirty dishes because you make the whole recipe in a clean plastic bag!!!
Can this get any better? Ah ha, taste it and see.
P.S. These only cost $6.95 for 6 big chicken drumsticks and were really 'meaty'. No more shrivelled up chicken wings with minimal protein.
How many grams of carbs are in fried chicken?
There are so many recipes for traditional fried chicken that it's truly hard to determine the exact amount of grams of carbs. But, in general, it can range from 7-11g per medium-sized pieces.
What ingredients do you need to make low carb copycat fried chicken?
Here's a quick list of all the ingredients you'll need for this recipe. You can also print out the recipe below.
- chicken drumsticks skin on
- almond meal/flour
- ginger powder
- dried parsley
- chili powder
- dried sage
- mustard powder
- Chinese five spice
- dried basil
- salt + pepper to taste
What chicken parts do you use for keto "fried" chicken?
To make grain-free keto "fried" chicken you can use any cut of chicken - chicken drumstick, chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins.
Alternative coating to make a keto version of fried chicken?
In this recipe you can use almond meal or almond flour mixed with the herbs and spices to create the coating.
It bakes to the perfect crispness that we all look forward to with traditional fried chicken.
What sides go great with this low carb "fried" chicken?
This keto KFC copycat recipe would go great with my Mexican Coleslaw recipe. It's so refreshing and pair so well.
You could also create the KFC meal copycat using the mashed cauliflower for the full experience.
Grain-Free Keto KFC Chicken
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- Put the ground almonds and all the herbs and spices into a plastic food bag, twist the top and shake to mix.
- Add the chicken drumsticks, twist the top, shake and rub the mixture through the bag onto the chicken.
- In a baking dish, add enough olive oil to cover the bottom well (1-2mm).
- Place the chicken drumsticks on the oil and bake at 180C/350F for 45 minutes.
- Turn 2 or 3 times while they are cooking so all the coating gets covered in the olive oil.