FatHead pizza just got better – green FatHead pizza is incredible, fresh and healthy. Keep this recipe on file and try it out this weekend. Read on to see why this is an absolute classic low carb pizza base.
Watch my new video to see how to make Fat Head pizza base.
Green FatHead Pizza
A fresh healthy clean mix of mint, feta, spring onion and courgettes/zucchini. Now what’s not to love about that? Spray or drizzle with olive oil and you have the best low carb pizza ever! The fresh taste of the mint and the feta make this beautiful pizza light and mouth watering.
For anyone who is new here, take a look at my original FatHead pizza, only it just got better!
FatHead pizza is infamous. The FatHead pizza base is made with cheese, egg and some almond flour. It is the cheesy equivalent of the holy grail. Seriously, this pizza is the single most popular recipe on my entire website and is the most requested recipe from family members of readers who aren’t even low carb.
Once you try this incredible cheesy low carb pizza base, there is no turning back.FatHead pizza just got better - green FatHead pizza is incredible, fresh and healthy.
Full credit needs to go to Tom Naughton who created FatHead the movie and this recipe sensation. For anyone who doesn’t know, Fat Head Movie is a comedy-documentary by Tom Naughton (comedian and former health writer). The documentary explains how low cholesterol is unhealthy, saturated fat does not cause heart disease but instead sugars, grains, starches and processed vegetable oils do. This is one of his short clips titled “Saturated fat and Cholesterol Lies”.
Not only can you make a regular low carb pizza, you can also make low carb crackers. The base is so incredibly versatile. What do you do with yours?
COMPARE THE NUTRITION PANELS OF A WHEAT BASED PIZZA CRUST WITH THE FAT HEAD PIZZA BASE (IN BRACKETS)
Carbs 27g (4g) – Protein 3.8g (11g) – Fat 3.4g (16.8g) – in addition the regular pizza will contain gluten and if store bought, preservative, artificial flavourings and probably some trans fats. Also remember you will only eat 1 or 2 slices of Fat Head Pizza compared to half to 1 regular pizza.
Green FatHead Pizza
FatHead Pizza Base
Green FatHead Toppings
- 1 zucchini/ courgette finely sliced
- handful fresh mint finely sliced
- 1/2 spring onion finely sliced
- feta crumbled
FatHead Pizza Base
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top piece of baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza base over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings. Sprinkle the spring onion and mint then top with very very thin slices of zucchini/courgettes and finally crumbled feta.
- Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
How To Make FatHead Pizza Base
So go on, dive on in and make the best low carb pizza this weekend and ditch those carbs!
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Discover how to give up sugar for life! Sign up for my FREE 5 day mini email course.
- See how sugar is hiding from you
- Learn to eat out and stay sugar free
- Snack smarter
- See what's in my pantry
- Keep the momentum going and live sugar free for life!
- Get secret discount codes for subscribers only.