If you love vegetarian keto pizza, you'll love green FatHead pizza.
It's the keto pizza that's topped with green vegetables, mint, and feta.
The mozzarella dough is an absolute classic keto pizza base.
What is fat head pizza?
FatHead pizza base is made with cheese, egg, and almond flour or coconut flour. It is the cheesy equivalent of the holy grail.
This keto pizza base is the most popular keto pizza recipe and is the most requested recipe from family members of readers who aren't even low carb.
Once you try this incredible cheesy keto pizza base, there is no turning back.
Pizza nutritional information:
WHEAT PIZZA CRUST: Traditional pizza (crust only, per slice): 25.5 g net carbs, 3.8 g protein, 3.4 g fat, 155 calories.
ALMOND FLOUR PIZZA CRUST: Fathead keto pizza (crust only, per slice): 2.4 g net carbs, 11 g protein, 16.8 g fat, 203 calories.
COCONUT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST: Fathead keto pizza (crust only, per slice): 1.8 g net carbs, 8.2 g protein, 9.4 g fat, 132 calories.
Nutritional values from cronometer.com
Full credit needs to go to Tom Naughton who created FatHead the movie and this recipe sensation. For anyone who doesn’t know, Fat Head Movie is a comedy-documentary by Tom Naughton (comedian and former health writer).
How to make a vegetarian keto pizza
A fresh healthy clean mix of mint, feta, spring onion, and courgettes/zucchini. Now, what's not to love about that? Spray or drizzle with olive oil and you have the best crispy keto pizza! The fresh taste of the mint and the feta make this beautiful pizza light and mouth-watering.
Not only can you make a regular low carb pizza with this mozzarella dough, but you can also make low carb crackers. The base is so incredibly versatile. What do you do with yours?
Carbs in pizza
NUTRITION VALUES: WHEAT BASED PIZZA CRUST VS THE FAT HEAD PIZZA BASE
Wheat pizza base nutrition: 27g net carbs, 3.8g protein, 3.4g fat – in addition, traditional wheat pizza will contain gluten and if store-bought, preservatives, artificial flavourings, and probably some trans fats.
Fathead pizza base nutrition: 4g net carbs, 11g protein, 16.8g fat
Also, remember you will only eat 1 or 2 slices of Fat Head Pizza compared to half to 1 regular pizza.
How to make a keto pizza crust
If you are an absolute beginner, you may want to see the supreme guide to making fat head dough even without a microwave. Can be made with almond flour or coconut flour EVEN WITHOUT a microwave PLUS 16 keto recipes to use it.
- Make your mozzarella dough.
- Roll between 2 sheets of baking parchment.
- Remove the top sheet of baking paper.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven until crsipy. Flip over once during cooking to ensure a crispy cooked pizza base.
How to add your toppings
Slice your green onion, zucchini, and fresh mint or fresh green herbs, and sprinkle them all over your baked keto pizza crust.
You can even spread pesto over the base for a beautiful keto garlic pizza.
More keto pizza recipes
So go on, dive on in and make the best low-carb keto pizza this weekend, and ditch those carbs!
Please rate this recipe.
Green FatHead Pizza Recipe
FatHead Pizza Base
Green FatHead Toppings
- 1 zucchini/ courgette finely sliced
- handful fresh mint finely sliced
- ½ spring onion/scallion finely sliced
- feta crumbled
FatHead Pizza Base
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary and any other flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape. Remove the top piece of baking paper/parchment. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again but not too long or you will cook the egg.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza base over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the toppings. Sprinkle the spring onion and mint then top with very very thin slices of zucchini/courgettes and finally crumbled feta.
- Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.