Low-carb ham and egg cups are such a simple idea using a piece of ham instead of pastry. It makes them naturally gluten-free, grain-free and wheat-free. They are incredibly low in carbs so makes a wonderful high protein, low carb snack and lunch box filler.
You can also make a few batches for a perfect addition to a brunch table. YUM!
Low-Carb Ham And Egg Cups – with hidden veggies
As you know, I love adding more veggies wherever I can and these are no exception. For flavour, I add sliced spring onions and diced bacon to the bottom, diced vegetables into small pieces and pour the egg mixture on top.Such a simple recipe for low-carb ham cups. Using a slice of ham instead of pastry is genius!
Alternatively, just crack a whole egg into the ham lined cupcake case. Sprinkle with grated cheese or top with a cherry tomato. The possibilities of these low-carb ham and egg cups are endless.
I have got into the routine of making a dozen on a Sunday night for the next week’s lunch boxes and freezer. Ham and egg cups take no time at all to prepare.
Low-Carb Ham And Egg Cups
- Line a cupcake or muffin tray with a slice of ham. I use silicon cupcake cases but you can use a regular oiled muffin tray.
- Place 2 slices of spring onion, a few bacon pieces and whatever vegetables you choose in the bottom of the ham.
- In a pouring jug, whisk together the eggs and milk/cream with a fork.
- Pour evenly between the ham lined cupcake/muffin tray.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake at 180C/350F for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
For more lunch ideas, take a look at these posts:
- 1 month of my children’s low carb real food lunch boxes
- Low carb snack ideas
- Grain-free granola bars
- Spinach and feta wheat free pie
- Healthy sugar-free snacks