These are such a great alternative to wraps or sandwiches. Cold meat wraps are so easy and so versatile.
Any thin cold meat will do and are fabulous for lunch or a snack. Low carb and grain-free simplicity at it's best.
Cold Meat Wraps
Instead of bread or wraps, use thin slices of cold meat instead and make bread-free rolls. You can use any cold meat you like and any filling you like.
Use thinly sliced meat from the bone (not the preformed ultra-processed meat) and placing some cheese or salad inside, roll it up, and secure with a toothpick.
I usually add cheese, capsicum etc and then roll it all up in the ham. Voila!
There are so many ideas for bread-free and wheat-free school lunch boxes. Take a look at my 8 part series on Low Carb Kids.
All the school lunches I make are low-carb, wheat-free, grain-free, gluten-free and packed with nutrition.Cold meat wraps are so easy and fabulous as lunch or a snack. #LCHF #lowcarb & #keto
If you are new here read this post and this post compares a regular lunchbox with a low carb real food lunchbox.
- Low Carb Kids 1 - why, tips and tricks
- Low Carb Kids 2 - a printable guide to get your children involved, and how to plan your lunchbox each day
- Low Carb Kids 3 - 2-week guide and gallery of low carb lunches
- Low Carb Kids 4 - more lunch ideas
- Low Carb Kids 5 - healthy sugar-free snacks for after school
- Low Carb Kids 6 - an entire MONTH of low carb lunch boxes
- Low Carb Kids 7 - My guest post on Diet Dr, “How To Raise Children On Real Low Carb Food”.
- Low Carb Kids 8 - How to help your child eat real food – with an action plan.
Please rate this recipe.
Bread Free Ham Wraps (Meat Roll Ups)
- 1 thinly sliced meat from the bone (not ultra-processed pre-formed meat)
Variety of filling ideas
- cheese sticks
- cucumber sticks
- cream cheese
- tomato paste
- Place the thin slice of meat on the chopping board.
- Place the filling down the edge nearest to you.
- Begin to roll the meat over the filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Chill on a serving plate until required.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
I absolutely love this idea of Cold Meat Wraps. I've made these countless times with different variations and they've become one of my easy go-to snacks. It's simple, but a great way to make fresh, raw veg more interesting for kids. My son loves the look of these, especially when I put tooth picks in them. My favourite variation is avocado, cheddar and raw red capsicum wrapped in either roast beef or chilli chicken, yum! 🙂