In just 1 minute, you will learn how to cut avocados – the easy way. And why not enter the competition to receive my Low-carb starter pack – the complete beginners’ guide. Scroll to the bottom to enter.
I never realised that I cut avocados completely differently to everyone I know. Most friends cut avocados down the centre lengthwise, hit the stone hard with the knife, then twist and turn the knife to remove the stone. Their hands are messy, the stone never comes out 50% of the time and it’s all a bit too much like hard work.
No more messy hands, no more stones to pull out, no more digging your knife into the stone (or your hands) and no more wasting of any avocado left on the skin.
I’m not sure when I discovered how cut avocados – the easy way, but once you do, there is no going back.
How To Cut Avocados – The Easy WayWhat is the next kitchen trick you would like to learn? Anything to make life easier or less messy (yes, I am a neat freak and proud).
My easy mayonnaise video is still going viral, months after I published it. Take a look.
Update :: The giveaway has closed, but look at these amazing kitchen tips that came in. I’d love to hear more, so leave your tip in the comments below.
- Have fun cooking! And wear your glasses, lol…don’t even ask – Pam, US (our lucky winner, congratulations).
- If the lid is hard to get off a jar of new food, use the handle of a teaspoon. Slide it around until it goes slightly under the lid, lever out until you hear the pop (of the vacuum seal being broken). The lid will come off easily now – Chris
- Cut a silicon sheet to fit your microwave glass tray and you will never have to clean junk off the glass again. Just take out the silicone and wash, dry and put back in – Candida
- Invest in some food grade silicon lids to cover all your flat topped bowls and dishes. You not only save money by not having to use cling film all the time, but you also retain your sanity from trying to get that piece of cling film to actually sit on the bowl rather than getting it stuck together on itself, which you eventually curse and throw in the bin in a tight ball – Sheree, Australia.
- Damp paper towel in bag with lettuce helps stop it getting slimy – Vicki, NZ.
- To keep mold off your cheese, don’t stick your hands in the package. You can also wrap blocked cheese in a paper towel soaked in vinegar and wrung out. Both these tips will help you keep your Shredded or blocked cheese much longer if not used quickly – Kathleen, US.
- Use floss to cut goat cheese log into slices – Sally, US.
- Crumble a stock cube up in the wrapper BEFORE opening it up and pouring it into your cooking. Saves mess and stock sticking to your hands as you try and crumble it over the steam of the cooking – Emma, Australia.
- Don’t put the alarm clock in the refrigerator when you have a migraine. You will never live it down! 🙂 – Linda
- Keep a bowl near your “work station” for trash/peelings etc. also clean as you go – Cheryl.
International Giveaway –
I really want to read your best/funniest kitchen tips and tricks so I am giving away 2 copies of my Low carb starter pack – the complete beginner’s guide. Simply leave a comment with your best kitchen tip below, then head to Facebook and say “DONE”.
Giveaway closes Friday 10th February 2017. I will notify the winner directly and announce on Facebook.