Chaffles are going CRAZY on the internet right now. It's time for you to learn how to make chaffles 4 ways AND grab a FREE Cookbook with 23 sweet and savoury recipes.
These low-carb keto-friendly cheesy waffle recipes make a great addition to breakfast, lunch, or dinner AND make for a quick and easy sugar-free dessert.
What is a chaffle?
You may be asking, "what is a chaffle?" Well, it is a cheesy waffle made from mild-flavoured cheese and egg. The cheese and egg cook together to make a light and fluffy waffle that is incredibly versatile because it doesn't taste like cheese.
Which waffle maker do I need?
You do not need a fancy waffle maker to make these recipes.
A mini waffle maker is a perfect size and will allow you to make 2 mini-chaffles for each recipe.
A larger waffle maker will make one large waffle per recipe. Any waffle maker will work though.
The basic recipe
Each recipe will make TWO mini cheesy waffles or ONE large cheesy waffle.
This easy healthy breakfast recipe is light in flavor and can be easily added to any breakfast.
I like to serve mine with eggs, bacon, and avocado slices. If you are in a hurry add the eggs, bacon, and avocado slices between the two cheesy waffles for an easy breakfast sandwich.
Or why not top the breakfast waffle with nut butter, or eat plain like regular toast?
Wrap your sandwich with parchment paper or a paper towel and eat it on the road.
Double chocolate chaffles
The double chocolate recipe is rich in flavor and is excellent serves with a spoonful of sugar-free sweetened whipped cream.
Almond flour is added to make the texture of the healthy sugar-free dessert a little fluffier. Cocoa powder and sugar-free chocolate chips are used in the batter to make these luxurious chocolate chaffles double chocolate.
Why not add some low-sugar berries? Maybe cut the chocolate waffle into slices and dip in cinnamon sweetener?
Chocolate chip vanilla chaffles
The chocolate chip vanilla chaffle recipe is a child's dream come true. My kids absolutely love these no sugar treats for a special low-carb nutritious breakfast.
I will top them with sugar-free sweetened whipped cream and serve them with a side of low-sugar fruit such as raspberries.
The combination makes for a filling breakfast that will fuel their body until lunch.
No more sugary cereal or granola for us!
The quick and easy pizza chaffle recipe is one of our favorite chaffles to make for lunch over the weekend. They are easy and fun and children love to add their own topping and have their own mini pizza.
The base for mini-pizza is like a regular chaffle, but with added seasoning to give it that pizza flavor. Once the chaffle "crust" is made you just need to add the topping and bake until the cheese is melted.
Our favorite toppings are a spoonful of no added sugar tomato paste, a little more mozzarella cheese, and sliced mini pepperoni. The pizzas are small so a lot of toppings are not required.
Why not add fresh herbs or chopped vegetables to your pizza. If you have a batch of homemade pesto, feel free to add a spoonful to your pizza in place of tomato sauce.
Expert recipe tips
- Always mix the egg and cheese well before pouring into your waffle maker
- Make sure you spread the chaffle mixture out evenly into your waffle maker
- If you don't have a waffle maker, you can use a frying pan
- The longer you cook chaffles, the crispier they become
- You may substitute any mild cheese you wish to in place of pre-shredded mozzarella.
- Always check your pre-shredded mozzarella for additives such as potato or rice starch which is often added to prevent the shredded cheese from clumping. Find a good brand without these additional unnecessary carbs.
Now that you have discovered chaffles you may become as obsessed with them as I am. They are fun to make together as a family and are always a hit.
Have fun while you make them and feel free to experiment and mix it up. I have released a FREE chaffle cookbook with 23 amazing sweet and savoury chaffle recipes to show you all the ways to make chaffles.
Let us know which chaffle recipe is your favourite by commenting below.
Free cookbook (23 sweet and svoury recipes)
Please rate this recipe.
How to Make Chaffles 4 Ways
Double Chocolate Chaffles
- 1 eggs - medium
- ½ cup pre-shredded/grated mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener of choice or more to your taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon almond meal/flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder (unsweetened) unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon heavy whipping cream
Chocolate Chip Chaffles
- Combine the ingredients for your chosen flavor in a bowl.
- Preheat your waffle maker. When it is hot, spray with olive oil and pour half the batter into the mini-waffle maker (or the entire batter into a large waffle maker).
- Cook for 2-4 minutes then remove and repeat. You should be able to make 2 mini-chaffles per recipe or 1 large chaffle.
- Top, serve and enjoy.
- NOTES: If you are making the pizza chaffle add the toppings and then either bake, fry, saute in a pan with the lid on until the cheese topping is melted.
COOKBOOKS - MEAL PLANS - PANTRY
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More recipes you may like: