Our world and lives are ever changing and constantly busy. Are you trying to learn how to stay low-carb even when you’re busy? You’ll find some great tips here on how to accomplish just that!
Remember…you’re never to busy to stay on track with your low-carb lifestyle! Being happy and healthy allows you to deal with other stressors and triggers in your daily life.
How To Stay Low-Carb Even When You’re Busy
In this article you will find:
- Low-carb lifestyle for beginners – what is low-carb? What is keto flu? Is low-carb healthy?
- How To Stay Low-Carb Even When You’re Busy – tips to stay on track no matter how busy you are.
- How to avoid fast food
- How to plan meals easily
- Why you should make time to eat
- 5 easy breakfast ideas
Low-Carb Lifestyle for Beginners
Eating and living the low-carb lifestyle isn’t anything new. It’s been going on for thousands of years and will continue for many more. If you’ve been wanting to start a low-carb lifestyle, this post can provide some great tips and information on how to stay or start.
The beauty of living the low-carb lifestyle is that it’s actually fairly simple to do. And the simpler the meals, the more sustainable this way of life is.
What is a low-carb lifestyle?
If you want to understand low-carb in a nutshell, it’s eating real unprocessed food that is low in sugar and starchy carbs, especially the ultra-processed carbs. Now no-one can argue with that surely? If you are new here, learn how to get started here.
Bread, grains, and sugars are all “no-no’s” on a low-carb lifestyle and are one of the biggest reasons that people have trouble staying on track because sugar and flour are found in 80% of the supermarket “products”.
The incredible benefits of a low-carb diet
Most people are unaware of how effective living a low-carb lifestyle is on almost every aspect of their life. Improved weight loss, stable lower blood sugars, reduced inflammation, reduced pain, improved insulin sensitivity and amazing healthy sustainable weight loss for life!
All by eating unprocessed nutrient dense lower carb foods. Just Ditch The Carbs!
Many say low-carb is a fad but in fact, it is how we ate only a few generations ago. Low-carb is now enjoyed by millions of people around the world with incredible results. If you are new here, learn more about the incredible advantages of low-carb.
Is it healthy to eat no-carbs?
Keep in mind that living a low-carb lifestyle doesn’t mean that you need to eat ZERO carbs…it just means that you are going to be eating a much lower amount of carbs than you were before. Especially the ultra-processed carbs, junk food, snacks, and sugar.
Most people try to stay under 50 grams of carbs per day. Even enjoying a moderate low-carb lifestyle (below 100g carbs) will still bring numerous health benefits.
What are the potential side effects of eating low-carb?
Some people experience mild symptoms as they reduce their sugar and remove junk food from their daily diet. But these symptoms are short-lived.
These side effects can vary from person to person and some people may not experience any; however, some may include lightheadedness, fatigue, “foggy” brain, and others. These symptoms are often referred to as “keto flu”. Learn more about this common side effect when starting a low-carb diet and how to avoid it.
Now that you know a little bit about the low-carb lifestyle, it’s time to focus in on how you can stay low-carb even when you’re super busy.
How To Stay Low-Carb Even When You’re Busy
Is it possible to stay low-carb when you’re always running out of time?
Absolutely. 100% YES! Once you get the hang of living low-carb, it’s actually really, really simple. The trick is to find out how you can make your low-carb lifestyle work for you.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”How to stay low-carb even when you’re busy – with tips, tricks, and super easy healthy recipe ideas. #ditchthecarbs #lowcarbrecipes #lowcarbliving #lchf #realfoods #lowcarbfamily #lowcarbtips ” quote=”How to stay low-carb even when you’re busy – with tips, tricks, and super easy healthy recipe ideas. “]
Tips for stay low-carb no matter what your schedule
Everybody’s life is different. Some days are fast while others may seem to drag on forever. Do you know what derails a low-carb lifestyle quicker than anything else? If you guessed yourself, you’re 100% correct.
You hold the key to staying on track and planning out each and every day. You make the decisions about what you’re going to eat and what you’re going to put in your body.
When you feel like your days are too chaotic to stay on track, remember these simple tips to help!
Don’t tempt yourself with fast food
We get it. Fast food is convenient and when you’re starving and there’s nothing else around, it can be a quick and easy solution to a crazy day. But don’t let one bad day ruin all your hard work.
These are my top 4 tips to prevent you from being in this situation again.
- Low-Carb Snacks – If you find that you’re hungry and you can feel a sugar/carb craving beginning to rear its ugly head, have some low-carb snacks available to help fight off those cravings. Top 10 Easy Low-Carb Snacks. Keeping low-carb snacks in your car. Why not have some nuts or beef jerky, they are both great snacks that don’t require you to worry about keeping them hot or cold. That way, when you’re driving down the road, you won’t be tempted to pull into the drive-thru for a high-carb snack.
- Leftovers – my mantra is Leftovers Are King!!! Learn to cook once, but serve twice.
- Slow-Cooker/Instant Pot – if you know your day is going to be hectic and you have kid’s soccer or basketball until late, then why not put the slow-cooker on before you leave home? Instead of a take-out (that you know you will regret), you step in the door to a home-cooked meal. Just take a look at all the easy slow-cooker recipes. My favourite recipe has to be the self-saucing meatballs. You can even prepare the recipe into the slow-cooker dish the night before.
- Supermarket dash – if you are in my FREE low-carb support group, you will know by now that my go-to emergency meal. I park outside the grocery store, run in (well, OK, walk briskly) and grab a hot rotisserie chicken (Top Tip: check for hidden sugars and sticky sweet sauces) and a bag of pre-made salad. Drive home and I literally dump the salad on our dinner plates, shred some chicken on top and add whatever bits and pieces from the fridge to make it a complete meal. Cheese, mayo, avocado, cherry tomatoes. Make it a production line and your kids can even make their own dinner themselves – win-win!
Plan your weekly meals ahead of time
We’re all busy and sometimes that means we’re too busy to get home and made dinner. And when that happens, that leaves everyone scrambling to try and find something to eat. Often times these are the moments that lead to unhealthy choices and decisions.
Instead of allowing yourself to cave in, take the time to plan out your meals in advance. Sit down Sunday night and write out all your low-carb menu for the week, heck, even 3 days at a time will be a life saver!
Plan your breakfast, your lunch, your dinner, and even your snacks and do whatever you can to prep and get prepared.
There are two ways to plan your meals, pen and paper, or why not try a FREE month trial of my low-carb and keto meal planning service? CLICK HERE to find out more.
During the days that you’re busy, using your crockpot or Instant Pot can be a great resource in helping you to achieve a great low carb meal with very little time.
Make certain that you always take the time to eat
No matter how busy you are, you make the time to eat. Eat mindfully. Enjoy every single bite.
I have always had the rule that I will never eat in the car, I will never eat while walking and I will never eat in the street.
I eat every single meal and snack intentionally.
My life is just as crazy as the next person, but to say you can only eat breakfast in the car is not doing yourself any favours, both for your long term diet success and your stress levels. How many HOURS have you wasted worrying about your diet and weight?
These are my top 5 quick and easy breakfast solutions:
- Grain-free granola – one batch will last 2-3 weeks. Serve 1/4 cup with natural unsweetened yoghurt and berries.
- Egg cooker – simply turn the egg cooker on before you hop in the shower, by the time you are out and dried, the egg cooker will be chirping away with a cooked breakfast for you.
- Scrambled eggs – everyone has 3 minutes to make eggs right? If you don’t, the harsh reality is to set your alarm for 5 minutes earlier.
- Creamy coffee – a yummy creamy coffee only has 1-2g carbs compared to a milky coffee which can have up to 25g carbs.
- Leftovers – reheat and you have breakfast ready in less than 2 minutes.
Some people feel that not eating for an extended period of time can help them lose weight. And for many, this is true. It is known as intermittent fasting. But for others that don’t have the willpower to fast, this type of thinking sets them up for a long life of yo-yo dieting.
Don’t let this happen to you. If you know you are in a constant cycle of fasting/overeating, then maybe you are not ready for intermittent fasting yet. What often happens is that people skip meals, then get so famished that they start eating everything in sight…and that just ends up derailing them even more.
So no matter what your schedule is, please take the time out to fuel yourself and your body.
How To Stay Low Carb Even When You’re Busy
Now that you know these simple tips to stay low-carb even when you’re super busy, you can rest easy knowing that your schedule doesn’t have to control your eating habits.
Stay strong, plan ahead and take action and you’ll jump over any time constraint or hurdle when it comes to staying low-carb!
And remember, if all else fails, life happens, I get it. Take a look at my 5 Top Tips To Eat Out and Stay Low-Carb.
LOW-CARB STARTER PACK: Need help and inspiration how to start low-carb? Get all the resources you’ll need – CLICK HERE