Instant pot blueberry muffins are a delicious treat that you can quickly throw together for breakfast or a snack.
They are low-carb, full of protein and keto friendly. Your family will love these!
Why cook muffins in the Instant Pot?
Blueberry muffins in the Instant Pot could be easier. If you are following a low-carb or keto lifestyle you likely already have all the ingredients you need to make these muffins in your pantry and refrigerator.
Muffins made in the Instant Pot are denser than muffins made in the oven because they are essentially steamed. However, these muffins have a great crumb and texture.
How to make keto muffin batter
To make these muffins you will mix together the batter and then fold in the blueberries. This is to make sure the blueberries do not get smashed while mixing.
Since the quality of coconut flour varies, I recommend that you start with two eggs when you are making the batter. If the batter looks more like cookie dough than batter, simply add a third egg.
When the batter is done, scoop ¼ cup of the batter into a silicone muffin liner. You should yield six muffins in total.
How to cook keto blueberry muffins in the Instant Pot
Since you don't want water to build up on top of the muffins you will want to cook your muffing in a foil packet on top of a trivet. To do this place a square of foil over a trivet, then arrange the muffins on top. When you have the muffins where you want then place another square of foil on top and fold the ends to seal them.
Use the handles of the trivet to lower the muffins into the Instant Pot. Be sure to place a cup of water at the bottom of the Instant Pot before adding the trivet so that your Instant Pot will come to pressure.
The muffins will cook in the Instant Pot on high pressure for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes before doing a quick release. Use the handles of the trivet to lift the muffins, take off the foil, and allow the muffins to cool.
How to cook keto blueberry muffins in the oven
If you don't have an Instant Pot, or just prefer, you can also bake the muffins in the oven. You will want to bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for 22-25 minutes.
Only six muffins will fit in the Instant Pot, but you can make a full dozen in the oven by doubling the recipe. Enjoy!
Serving and storing
Since these blueberry muffins do not contain wheat flour they do not dry out and are harder like regular muffins. If your family does not eat all these muffins as soon as they are cool be sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
They might get a little firm in the refrigerator, but a quick 15-30 seconds in the microwave will make them soft again. A small slab of butter on a warm blueberry muffin is the perfect way to start the day.
Please rate this recipe.
Low-Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Instant Pot)
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the fresh blueberries. When adding the eggs, mix in 2 eggs first. If the dough is still dry and looks more like cookie dough than batter mix, add in the third egg.
- Next, add the fresh blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Set out six silicone muffin liners. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into each liner. Tap the bottom of each cup to the counter to make sure the batter reaches the bottom of the liners.
- Place the trivet on the counter. Cut a square of aluminium foil and place it on top of the trivet. Arrange the muffins on the trivet. Then cut another square of foil and place it on top of the muffins. Bend the edges of the two pieces of foil to make a packet. This will keep moisture from setting on the muffins.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Then use the trivet handles to lower the muffins into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to seal.
- Cook the muffins for 20 minutes on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" buttons. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes before doing a quick release. Remove the muffins, let them cool, and enjoy!
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More keto Instant Pot recipes you may enjoy:
- 1 Minute Keto Muffins
- How to Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot
- Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot
- Keto Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Berry Cheesecake
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
Want to start low-carb FAST?
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter service and get instant access to the FREE Low-Carb FAQ & Diet Sheet as a subscriber bonus. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.