Instant pot blueberry muffins are a delicious treat that you can quickly throw together for breakfast or a snack.
They are low-carb, full of protein and keto friendly. Your family will love these!
Why cook muffins in the Instant Pot?
Blueberry muffins in the Instant Pot could be easier. If you are following a low-carb or keto lifestyle you likely already have all the ingredients you need to make these muffins in your pantry and refrigerator.
Muffins made in the Instant Pot are denser than muffins made in the oven because they are essentially steamed. However, these muffins have a great crumb and texture.
How to make keto muffin batter
To make these muffins you will mix together the batter and then fold in the blueberries. This is to make sure the blueberries do not get smashed while mixing.
Since the quality of coconut flour varies, I recommend that you start with two eggs when you are making the batter. If the batter looks more like cookie dough than batter, simply add a third egg.
When the batter is done, scoop ¼ cup of the batter into a silicone muffin liner. You should yield six muffins in total.
How to cook keto blueberry muffins in the Instant Pot
Since you don't want water to build up on top of the muffins you will want to cook your muffing in a foil packet on top of a trivet. To do this place a square of foil over a trivet, then arrange the muffins on top. When you have the muffins where you want then place another square of foil on top and fold the ends to seal them.
Use the handles of the trivet to lower the muffins into the Instant Pot. Be sure to place a cup of water at the bottom of the Instant Pot before adding the trivet so that your Instant Pot will come to pressure.
The muffins will cook in the Instant Pot on high pressure for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes before doing a quick release. Use the handles of the trivet to lift the muffins, take off the foil, and allow the muffins to cool.
How to cook keto blueberry muffins in the oven
If you don't have an Instant Pot, or just prefer, you can also bake the muffins in the oven. You will want to bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius for 22-25 minutes.
Only six muffins will fit in the Instant Pot, but you can make a full dozen in the oven by doubling the recipe. Enjoy!
Serving and storing
Since these blueberry muffins do not contain wheat flour they do not dry out and are harder like regular muffins. If your family does not eat all these muffins as soon as they are cool be sure to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
They might get a little firm in the refrigerator, but a quick 15-30 seconds in the microwave will make them soft again. A small slab of butter on a warm blueberry muffin is the perfect way to start the day.
Please rate this recipe.
Low-Carb Blueberry Muffins Recipe (Instant Pot)
- 125 g (1 ¼ cups) almond meal/flour
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sweetener of choice or more to YOUR taste
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 g (½ cup) blueberries fresh or frozen
- 3 eggs - medium start with 2, add a 3rd if needed
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except the fresh blueberries. When adding the eggs, mix in 2 eggs first. If the dough is still dry and looks more like cookie dough than batter mix, add in the third egg.
- Next, add the fresh blueberries and gently fold them into the batter.
- Set out six silicone muffin liners. Scoop ¼ cup of the batter into each liner. Tap the bottom of each cup to the counter to make sure the batter reaches the bottom of the liners.
- Place the trivet on the counter. Cut a square of aluminium foil and place it on top of the trivet. Arrange the muffins on the trivet. Then cut another square of foil and place it on top of the muffins. Bend the edges of the two pieces of foil to make a packet. This will keep moisture from setting on the muffins.
- Add 1 cup of water to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Then use the trivet handles to lower the muffins into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to seal.
- Cook the muffins for 20 minutes on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" buttons. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 5 minutes before doing a quick release. Remove the muffins, let them cool, and enjoy!
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.
More keto Instant Pot recipes you may enjoy:
- 1 Minute Keto Muffins
- How to Boil Eggs in an Instant Pot
- Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot
- Keto Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Berry Cheesecake
- Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Cake
Want to start low-carb FAST?
Subscribe to my FREE newsletter service and get instant access to the FREE Low-Carb FAQ & Diet Sheet as a subscriber bonus. You also receive secret discount codes for subscribers only.
Has anyone tried this recipe in the egg bite molds?? I dont have those silcone muffin things.
what do you think you'd need to prepare if wanting to use apples or bananas?
I wouldn't use bananas because they are far too high in carbs and sugar and they would add too much moisture to the recipe so would change the recipe entirely. You could try apples, just be aware it will be higher carb which may be fine depending on your carb tolerance. I would add them chopped finely and the recipe should work just great!
I baked the batter as a Muffin cake in a regular oven, in a small loaf tin for about an hour. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Will probably be my go to cake bake from now on.
What temp did you cook this on?
Wow! Those look amazing!
Carol Ann James
Just what I need! Both my convention oven in my microwave and my gas oven on my stove are caput, and can't afford to repair or replace either for some time. Been going crazy not being able to bake or roast anytbing, everything has been slow cooker, top of the stove or pressure cooker. Really I know I'm blessed to have all these alternative s, just really miss baking and roasting! Thanks so much for this recipe,off to the shops now to get some blueberries.
I would like to try this recipe but have never heard of an instant pot. Is it the same as a pressure cooker.
Yes. It's a brand of pressure cooker but it also steams, fries, slow cooks etc. It's amazing, I absolutely love it.
I tried these last night and they were pretty good. I had enough batter left over for 3 more so I baked those in the toaster oven. I liked them baked better, but in the summer when it's too hot to turn on the oven, I'm happy to use the Instant Pot Instead. Thanks for the nice recipe.
Becki's Whole Life
This looks sooo interesting and good. I like muffins a little on the heavier side. Have honestly not baked in my Insta Pot, but this makes me want to try!