Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake will become your family’s favourite summer treat. This low-carb cheesecake is light, creamy, and everything you are looking for in a healthy keto friendly dessert.
Oh … and did I mention it’s cooked in the Instant Pot so you don’t even need the oven on in the hot summer heat?
No Instant Pot? No problem. Keep reading below for instructions using the regular oven.
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
Cooking cheesecake is one of my favourite uses for my Instant Pot. It is so easy, and the texture turns out perfect every time. I also love that I can make this tangy key lime cheesecake in the middle of summer without heating up my house.
I prefer to cook cheesecakes in the Instant Pot in the summer when it’s just too hot to have the oven on. I can also set and forget the Instant Pot while keeping busy with something else. BUT if you don’t have an Instant Pot, no problem. Keep reading because I have instructions to bake the low-carb key lime cheesecake in a regular oven.
To make the filling for this sugar-free key lime cheesecake you only need six ingredients: cream cheese, some sweetener, vanilla, eggs, key lime juice, and heavy whipping cream. Before you start mixing your filling let the cream cheese and egg sit out on the counter for a few hours so that they are at room temperature.
TOP TIP: The softer the cream cheese the smoother your cheesecake will be.
The heavy cream is the secret ingredient that makes this cheesecake light and creamy instead of heavy like most cheesecakes. Your cheesecake will not have the same texture if you skip it or substitute it for something else.
Keto-Friendly Low-Carb Key Lime Cheesecake with Almond Crust
To make the crust low-carb and keto friendly we mixed together almond flour, butter, and a little sweetener. The crust is then pressed into the bottom of a 7 x 3-inch cheesecake pan and then sits in the freezer temporarily.
The crust doesn’t need to sit in the freezer for long. I like to make my crust first, and then let it sit in the freezer while I make the filling. By the time the cheesecake filling is complete, the crust is adequately frozen.
How to Make a Key Lime Cheesecake in an Instant Pot
After the cheesecake filling is poured over the crust you will need to cover the top and bottom of the pan with a layer of paper towel and aluminium foil. This will protect the crust from getting soggy and keep condensation from gathering on top of the cheesecake.
To cook your key lime cheesecake you will want to add 1 1/2 cups of water and a trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot. The trivet will prevent the cheesecake from resting in the water. The handles of the trivet can be used lower (or lift) the cheesecake into (and out of) the Instant Pot.Wow! This Instant Pot key lime cheesecake is perfection!
Cook the cheesecake for 35 minutes with a natural pressure release. It will take about 30 minutes for the pressure release completely. Remove the cheesecake and let it cool for an hour on the counter before placing it in the refrigerator overnight.
Serving Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
You key lime cheesecake will need to rest in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours before it is ready to eat.
When you are ready to cut into the cheesecake and serve, top it with some sweetened whipped cream and a slice fresh key lime.
Your cheesecake will have all the flavour of a key lime cheesecake, but the texture of a cream pie. Oh … and without the sugar, carbs or gluten!
How to Bake a Key Lime Cheesecake (Oven Directions)
Don’t have an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker? No problem, this cheesecake can easily be cooked in the oven as well.
To cook you key lime cheesecake in the oven preheat the oven to 180 C, or 350 F. Tightly cover the top and bottom of your cheesecake pan with aluminium foil, leave the paper towels off since you are baking in the oven and they may catch fire!
Fill a baking pan with an inch of water, then place the pan on the bottom rack in your oven. Place your cheesecake over the pan on the top rack of the oven. This will create a steam bath in your oven.
Cook the cheesecake in the oven for about 45 minutes. Cool the cheesecake and refrigerate just like you would if cooking it in the Instant Pot. Enjoy!
LOW-CARB SWEET TREATS: Who else wants to enjoy parties AND stay on track? Get all the healthy low-carb recipes you’ll need – CLICK HERE
More cheesecake recipes you may like:
- Sugar-free No Bake Lemon Cheesecake
- Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Swirl Baked Cheesecake
Instant Pot Key Lime Cheesecake
Key Lime Filling
- 125 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener of choice optional
- In a bowl mix together all the crust ingredients.
- Pour the crust into 7x3 inch cheesecake pan that fits inside your Instant Pot. Spread the crust around and firmly press it to the bottom of the pan. Place the crust in the freezer until ready to use.
Key Lime Filling
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients and 1 egg together with an electric hand mixer. Mix the filling on low speed just until you cannot see the yellow from the egg anymore. Then add the second egg and mix again just until all the yolk is completely mixed.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth out.
- Tightly cover the top and bottom of the cheesecake with a layer of paper towels and foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cup of water to the Instant Pot insert. Carefully lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot using a trivet. The cheesecake will cook on top of the trivet.
- Cook the cheese on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" setting for 35 minutes with a natural pressure release. Remove the cheesecake and let it cool on the counter for 1 hour before placing in the refrigerator overnight.
- After the cheesecake has been refrigerated at least 8 hours, remove it from the pan. Top with whipped cream and slices of key lime.
- Add the heavy cream and sweetener to the bowl. Then mix it together with an electric hand mixer until it turns into whipped cream and forms stiff peaks. Refrigerate until ready to use.