Instant Pot Lemon Salmon is one the easiest and quickest way to make delicious and perfectly cooked salmon.
Continue scrolling to read how to cook salmon in the Instant Pot PLUS additional instructions in case you want to make this recipe in the oven.
Cooking lemon salmon in an electric pressure cooker is incredibly quick. Lemon, dill, and ginger give the salmon a delicious crisp flavour that you will love.
Best salmon seasoning
Salmon is one of those fish that are often best when kept simple. So for this lemon salmon recipe, the seasonings are kept minimal and complement each other.
To begin, season 3-4 salmon fillets with salt, pepper, dill, ginger, and garlic. Then add a slice of butter and lemon to each salmon fillet. That is all the seasoning you will need for your salmon.
Instant Pot method
To cook the salmon you will want to add 250 ml (1 cup) to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Then arrange the cooking trivet that came with the Instant Pot at the bottom.
Next, arrange the salmon to rest on the trivet. I was able to fit four cut fillets in my pressure cooker, but you may be able to fit more or less depending on the size. If you can only fit two fillets, no problem, the fillets cook quickly so you can easily cook them in multiple batches.
Once the fillets are in the pressure cooker close the lid and turn the pressure valve so that it is pointing to sealing. You will want to cook the salmon for 3-5 minutes on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" setting depending on the thickness of the fillet (I cooked mine for 4 minutes).
Once the cooking time is over immediately turn the pressure release valve to quickly release the pressure.
Just like when you cook any meat the cook times can vary a bit depending on how thick each piece is. A thick piece of salmon may take a few more minutes.
So if you open your Instant Pot and see that the salmon isn't quite cooked yet just close the pressure cooker and cook for another minute.
How to make dill mayonnaise
Now that the salmon is cooked you will want a delicious sauce to top your fish. I love to top my salmon with a delicious dill flavoured mayo.
You can find four different recipes for flavoured magic 1-minutes mayonnaise here, my favourite is the ranch or herbed mayo.
Top your salmon with a spoonful of dill mayo, the lemon slice, and serve. A simple side salad is a nutritious side, and your dill mayonnaise can also act as a dressing for your salad.
To bake the salmon in the oven you will want to pre-heat your oven to 190 degrees C/375 degrees F. Place your salmon in a baking pan and cover with foil.
Bake the salmon for 15-25 minutes or until the salmon pulls apart in flakes with a fork. If you want to cook a whole uncut fillet of salmon you will need to cook the salmon for 35-45 minutes.
This salmon recipe will quickly become one of your favourite easy salmon recipes. I hope you enjoy!
More recipes you may like:
- Magic 1-Minute Homemade Mayonnaise 4 Ways
- Keto Bacon Wrapped Salmon with Pesto
- Salmon and Cream Cheese Bites
- Salmon and cream cheese roulade
Instant Pot Lemon Salmon
Please rate this recipe
- Sprinkle the seasonings over each salmon fillet. Then top each fillet with a slice of butter and a lemon slice.
- Add 1 cup/250 ml water to the bottom of the Instant Pot/pressure cooker bottom. Add the trivet to the Instant Pot and arrange the salmon on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the "manual" or "pressure cook" function for 3-5 minutes. I cooked my salmon for 4 minutes. When the cooking time if over carefully turn the pressure valve to quickly release the pressure.
- Serve the salmon with a side salad and top with your favourite dill mayonnaise and the lemon slice.