WOW! This Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake is the dessert of your dreams. You will stay on track of your goals with this cheesecake. It’s full of creamy goodness and delicious fresh berries.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake
Fresh berries are one of my favourite cheesecake toppings. I love the combination of flavours, and the natural sweetness the cheesecake derives from the berries.
The Instant Pot is a wonderful tool for making a cheesecake. A steam bath is created inside the Instant during the cooking process which results in a thick, melt in your mouth, creamy cheesecake.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
Many low-carb cheesecakes will have you skip the crust and eat just the filling. While cheesecake filling is delicious, a cheesecake just is not the same with a crunchy crust. So instead of skipping the crust here, I made it with crushed walnuts in a food processor.
If you do not like walnuts or are allergic, you could easily substitute the walnut for a different low-carb nut like pecans or almonds. For those needing a nut-free option for the crust, I would recommend trying unsalted sunflower seeds.
For help understanding which nut or seed to choose to fit in with your carb allowance, take a peek at my Ultimate Guide to Carbs in Nuts and Seeds.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake Tips and Tricks
There are three key tips to making a cheesecake in the Instant Pot taste great and look beautiful.
1: The first tip is to make sure your cream cheese and eggs are at room temperature. A knife or your finger should easily pass through the cream cheese.
2: The second tip is to mix the eggs into the batter one at a time on low with a hand mixer. It should only take 8-15 seconds to mix in each egg until it is no longer visible. Mixing it longer than this can lead to over beating and your cheesecake will crack and looking like it exploded out of the pan.
3: Finally, the third tip is to skip lining your cheesecake pan. Unless you meticulously line the pan with parchment paper so that it is perfectly smooth, the parchment paper will add creases to your cheesecake. So skip the lining, it is not necessary to remove the cheesecake from the pan.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake with Fresh Berries
To make this cheesecake you will want to mix the ingredients for the crust together in a food processor then press it into the bottom of a 7-inch cheesecake pan. The flat bottom of a glass will help you firmly compact the walnut crust. The crust is then placed in the freezer while the filling is made.Wow! This Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake looks delicious! Who says low-carb is tough going?
Once the filling is made and poured over the crust I always wrap both the bottom and top of the pan with a layer of paper towels and aluminium foil.
The paper towels will absorb any liquid that tries to gather on top of the cheesecake while it is cooking.
I like to cook the strawberries for the topping at the same time as the cheesecake. The strawberries will colour and sweeten the water in the Instant Pot and then is mixed with unflavored gelatin and fresh berries.
The red strawberry liquid is what gives the berry topping that beautiful red glow.
Perfectly Creamy Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake
Once the low-carb cheesecake is finished cooking, it will need to sit the refrigerator overnight to completely firm and set before it is ready to eat.
Since everyone is at a different place in their sugar-free journey I suggest tasting the cheesecake filling and berry topping as you go. If you find it is not sweet enough add a little more sweetener until it is to your liking.
A little sweetened whipped cream does wonders to add a bit more sweetness if someone in your house still has a super sweet-tooth.
I hope you enjoy this Berry Cheesecake. Remember to taste the filling and topping as you go and sweeten as needed to fit your tastes.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Berry Cheesecake
- 110 g strawberries tops removed
- 375 ml water
- 60 g raspberries
- 60 g blueberries
- 60 g blackberries
- 1 tbsp unflavored gelatin powder
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor. Pulse the walnuts for about 15-30 seconds until they are broken into small pieces.
- Scoop the walnut crust into a 7-inch round cheesecake pan. Use a spoon to spread the walnuts around and cover the bottom of the pan. Then press the walnut using glass or bowl with a flat bottom to compact the crust. Any holes will fill in while doing this.
- Place the crust in the freezer for at least 10 minutes while you make the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl mix together the room temperature cream cheese, vanilla, salt, sour cream and sweetener with an electric mixer or whisk. When the filling is nice and smooth taste it to see if it is sweet enough. Add more sweetener if desired.
- Next, mix the room temperature eggs into the filling ONE AT A TIME on LOW speed. Mix each egg for about 8-15 seconds if using an electric mixer. You only need to mix the filling until the egg is no longer visible.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into the crust and smooth the top out.
- Cover the top and bottom of the pan with first a layer of paper towels and then foil. The paper towels will make sure water doesn't pool on top of the cheesecake.
- Add the strawberries and water to the bottom of the Instant pot insert. Using a trivet lower the cheesecake into the Instant Pot. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to seal. Cook the cheesecake for 35 minutes on high pressure using the manual or pressure cook setting. Let the pressure release naturally. This will take about 30 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot and set it aside to cool completely. While the cheesecake is cooling, mix together the blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries in a bowl.
- Strain the red strawberry liquid from the Instant Pot over the mixed berries while it is still hot. You can also blend the strawberries and liquid then pour the strawberries over the mixed berries. It is up to you.
- Carefully mix the gelatin into the berries a little at a time so that it doesn't clump. You will want to do this while the liquid is still hot so that it will dissolve. Taste the topping and add sweetener to it if desired.
- Wait until the berry mixture is cool, not hot, then pour the berries over the cheesecake that is still in the pan. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. The next day remove the cheesecake from the pan, top with whipped cream, and enjoy!
Other low-carb desserts you may enjoy:
Want to start low-carb FAST?