Following on from the success of my keto brownies, I have managed to make keto blueberry cheesecake squares, with vanilla. These really are incredibly light and tasty to eat and simply quick to make.
It is all made in the one bowl, using the stick blender. You see my recipes really are as simple as I can make them. The flavour which really makes these amazing, is the addition of the vanilla. It has a lovely subtle sweet taste, but feel free to add more if you really like vanilla to make a punch.
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Squares - with vanilla
So many readers are asking me for nut free recipes due to allergies, or restrictions in school lunch boxes. This keto blueberry cheesecake square is nut free, grain free, gluten free, wheat free, no added sugar (the only sugar is from the berries and cream cheese) and incredibly low carb.
When I bake the cheesecake it browns on the top which I don't think looks attractive, so to serve I turn it upside down, hence the picture looks like there is a base to this recipe, but in fact it is the browned cooked top of the cheesecake.
Add frozen berries just before baking, if you mix them in with the recipe, your cheesecake will turn blue/purple. Simply drop the blueberries in one by one after you have poured the cheesecake mixture into the prepared baking dish. They will sink to the bottom which is brilliant as you serve the keto blueberry cheesecake upside down.
UPDATE :: Please ensure you use a stick blender or similar to really emulsify the ingredients together. I mention this in the recipe but it needs mentioning again because this is the most important aspect of this recipe. The ingredients will split if not emulsified. Also please add sweetener of choice to your taste. And with all my recipes, taste before baking. Your sweet tooth will be different to everyone else depending on how long you have been sugar free. Enjoy 🙂
Keto Blueberry Cheesecake Squares
- 150 g (1 stick plu 2 tbsp) butter or coconut oil melted salted, plus a pinch of salt if using coconut oil
- 6 (6 ) eggs - medium
- 120 g (1/2 cup) cream cheese cut into cubes
- 2 tsp (2 tsp) vanilla
- 4 tbsp (4 tbsp) granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1/2 tsp (1/2 tsp) baking powder
- 50 g (1/2 cup) frozen blueberries
- Place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together using a stick blender with the blade attachment until smooth.
- Pour into a lined square 8 inch/ 20cm dish.
- Gently drop the frozen blueberries evenly throughout the cheesecake mixture. They will sink to the bottom as it cooks.
- Bake at 160C/320F for 20-30 minutes until cooked in the centre.
- Allow to cool then cut into 9 squares. Serve each square upside down.
- Remember to add sweetener to YOUR taste and the level of sweetness YOU like. The longer we eliminate sugar, the less sweet taste we require which is why sweetness is so personal and I give a measurement as a guide only.
- To guarantee this doesn't taste 'eggy' add plenty of vanilla.