These easy Keto Bread Sticks will become a versatile snack at your home! And are the perfect dish to bring to parties.
If you’ve missed bread sticks for a while then you’re in luck. These gluten-free bread sticks are wonderfully keto and really easy to make! Keep reading to find out why they are less than 1g net carbs per stick!
Keto Bread Sticks – naturally gluten free!
Originating from Italy, the bread sticks we’ve come to know and love were generally crisp and pencil-sized. They made for delicious snacks and went with our favourite dips and meals.
Regular breadsticks, at 100 grams per serving, amount to 68g total carbs. Luckily for us, we now have a keto bread stick for you to enjoy!
Cheesy Keto Bread Sticks - what is mozzarella dough?
For this of you who are new here, you may have stumbled upon mozzarella dough recipe. It is sometimes referred to as Fat Head dough dough.
The great thing about this cheesy mozzarella dough, is that there’s absolutely no grain or wheat at all. Yes, it is made with cheeeeeeese.
If you have watched my viral video “Mozzarella Cheese Dough – 4 Ways” you will already be hooked on using mozzarella dough in a number of different recipes.
Scroll down to watch the quick Mozzarella Dough cooking video.
Have some Yummy Keto Mozzarella Bread for Lunches and Dinners
Mozzarella dough has struck again! With all of its uses such as cheesy keto garlic bread, Fat Head pizza dough and scrolls, this versatile mozzarella dough can also be used to make your childhood favourite bread sticks.
Naturally free of gluten, wheat and grain, this cheesy dough is perfect for many low-carb recipes that require bread.
Mozzarella Dough Sticks are perfect for Parties and Lunchbox FillersCheck these bad boys out - INSANE keto bread sticks with mozzarella dough.
Give this easy recipe a try! Here's a quick video so you can see how to make the basic keto dough.
Keto Bread Sticks With Mozzarella Dough
- Place the shredded cheese, cream cheese, almond flour (or coconut flour - see notes) and a pinch of salt in a microwaveable bowl. Add any optional flavours. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for a further 30 seconds.
- Add the egg then mix gently to make a cheesy dough.
- Take small portions of the mozzarella dough and roll into a long, thin bread sticks. Place on a lined baking tray/sheet pan.
- Bake at 220C/425F for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Keep a close eye on them. They may require more or less cooking time depending on how thin or thick you make your bread sticks.