ZERO carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells are keto crunchy heaven and the perfect healthy keto family meal.
Scroll below to watch the video and see just how easy they are to make using your old kitchen wooden spoon. Who knew?
Keto Cheese Taco Shells
I absolutely love cooking Mexican recipes, because you can base them on fresh, vibrant, healthy ingredients. I do, however, miss the crunch of the corn chips so I decided to recreate taco shells into a keto cheese taco shells.
Healthy gluten-free keto cheese taco shells are the perfect healthy family meal. Sugar-free, low carb and easy recipe. My kids love making these. You will have to supervise, as there are very hot baking trays to control, but it's fun to watch shredded/grated cheese become a hard cheese taco shell.Look what I found - ZERO carb Keto Cheese Taco Shells. Will you make them for me?
Cover the meat with sour cream, cheese, salsa, guacamole and you have a wonderful low-carb easy fresh meal.
How To Make Cheese Taco Shells
This is so easy, it's almost embarrassing calling this a recipe! There are only 3 simple steps to make the best keto cheese taco shells.
1: Choose your favourite shredded/grated cheese, place in circles on a lined baking sheet.
2: Cook until golden brown.
3: Allow to cool until they are warm, yet pliable. Place over a wooden spoon until they are cold and "set".
I also have a wire taco shell holder. This is so useful for both making the taco shells and when filling the taco shells. You can see more here.
The wire holder is also useful when serving. It is useful to have enough for each family member, it's a neat way to serve the keto cheese tacos.
Keto and Low-Carb Mexican Recipes
If you love fresh Mexican food, only low-carb and keto style, check out these recipes.
- Keto Taco Cups - made with fat Head mozzarella dough
- Mexican Chicken Burgers - bun-less and super fresh
- Fat Head Nachos - dripping in sour cream and a squeeze of lime
- Copycat Keto Taco Bell + VIDEO
Healthy Low-Carb Mexican Food
I love eating at Mexican restaurants, in fact, they are one of the easiest quick and healthy low-carb options.
The only problem with Mexican food in fast-food restaurants is the use of rice, taco shells, corn chips and wraps that usually accompany them.
Simply ask for a naked burrito or naked tacos, and ask them to place everything on top of fresh salad ingredients.
Cheesy Taco Shells - the video
Keto Cheese Taco Shells - the recipe
To accompany the keto cheese shells, get the recipe for the beef with sauce here. It's also what I use to make my keto nachos.
Keto Cheese Taco Shells
Please rate this recipe
- 170 g (1.5 cups) grated/shredded cheese of choice (I like hard, tasty cheese)
- These are the instructions if you want to make taco shells for 1 serving. If you want to make a big batch of them, or for a large family, simply get another baking sheet and lots more cheese ready. As one batch is cooking and cooling, you can have the next batch in the oven.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C/400F and line a baking sheet with baking parchment or a silicon sheet. Something that will make it easy to slide the keto cheese taco shells off as they cool and harden.
- Place the grated/shredded cheese into two large (or more, but smaller) circles on the baking sheet as shown.
- Bake the cheese on the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven for up to 5 minutes. But watch them closely. You'll know when they are ready to remove from the oven when they have bubbled and cooked to a lovely golden brown colour. Do not overcook them. No one wants a burnt cheese taco shell.
- Remove the baking tray for the oven and set aside to cool down slightly. At this point, you may wish to place another baking sheet with taco shells in the oven to be cooking.
- Place two cups upside down on your kitchen bench. Place a kitchen wooden spoon between them as shown. Once the cheese taco shell is cold enough to touch, and still pliable, place over the wooden spoon handle to cool. Alternatively, you can buy a metal taco rack as shown above.
- Repeat the process until you have made enough keto cheese taco shells for your family.
- Serve with plenty of fresh shredded lettuce, taco meat sauce, sour cream, salsa, guacamole and more cheese.
Please leave a comment below, letting me know your favourite way to serve your keto cheese taco shells.