Keto chicken salad is a quick and easy meal that can be served a variety of ways.
Keep reading to see our 3 favourite ways to serve this chicken salad.
Keto Chicken Salad – Served 3 Ways
Chicken is salad is the perfect easy meal for a hot day. It is served cold and can be eaten as an appetizer, snack, or light meal.
It holds well in the refrigerator, so you can make a batch in advance to eat for 3-4 days or use it for quick meal prep.
Easy Ways To Cook Chicken
You will need about 16 oz. or 1 lb (450g) of cooked chicken.
The chicken can be chopped or shredded.
I prefer to bake my chicken, but you can also grill or boil your chicken. If you are in a hurry you can even use a rotisserie chicken.
To bake your chicken, place the chicken in a baking pan and drizzle it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake the chicken at 220C/425F for 10-15 minutes or until done.
ULTIMATE LOW-CARB BUNDLE: Do you want to start low-carb FAST? Perfect for beginners with everything you need to Ditch The Carbs … and live your best life! CLICK HERE.
Making A Versatile Healthy Chicken Salad
Now that your chicken is cooked, toss together your chicken salad in a large bowl.
For this healthy chicken salad, I used plain unsweetened natural whole milk Greek yoghurt to give the salad a nice crisp flavour. However, you can also use sour cream or mayo instead of yoghurt if you choose.
Feel free to mix up the vegetables you use in your salad. My go-to low-carb vegetables for chicken salad are chopped bell pepper, cucumbers, celery, red onion, and fresh herbs like parsley and basil.
Avocado is another vegetable I like to add to my chicken salad, but it is optional.
A little lemon juice will keep the avocado from turning brown for a few days if you choose to add avocado to your salad.
Serving Keto Chicken Salad
Once the salad is mixed together it is ready to serve right away. One serving size is about 8 oz. or 1 cup.
This salad is delicious as is but is also tasty served with FatHead crackers or with mozzarella dough baked into the shape of a flatbread.
If you are looking for a quick way to meal prep your salad I recommend turning your chicken salad into lettuce wraps.
Swiss chard (silverbeet) is one of my favourite leafy greens to use to make wraps since the leaves are thicker and they do not rip as easily.
Once your wraps are made garnish them with feta cheese.
How To Store Leftover Keto Chicken Salad
This recipe will make enough chicken salad for 4-6 people. It is perfect for a gathering or barbecue.
Leftover salad can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days to be eaten throughout the week. Enjoy!
Easy Versatile Keto Chicken Salad
- 450 g cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt unsweetened natural
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs parsley, basil, etc
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado optional
- 1 tbsp feta cheese optional to garnish
How To Cook The Chicken
- To bake your chicken, place the chicken in a baking pan and drizzle it with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake the chicken at 220C/425F for 10-15 minutes or until done. Alternatovely, grill, broil, barbecue or buy a rotisserie chicken.
How To Make The Versatile Keto Chicken Salad
- Chop your cooked chicken and vegetables. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Garnish and serve as lettuce wraps, with FatHead crackers, or with mozzarella dough flatbread. Store leftover chicken salad in the refrigerator.