This Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili is worthy of any chili cook-off. This keto chili is packed with so much goodness you won't even miss the beans.
At only 7g net carbs per serve, it will keep you full, keep you warm and keep you on track!
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili
If you are a chili lover this keto chili is going to blow you away. We took out the traditional beans found in chili and replaced them with delicious low-carb vegetables that compliment the chili flavours. That way you don't eat just a bowl of seasoned meat.
This chili is made in the Instant Pot, but you could easily convert the recipe to be cooked in a slow cooker or on the stove. Chili is usually cooked for long periods of time to allow the flavours to fully blend.
However, in the Instant Pot, you only need to cook this chili for 30 minutes with a natural pressure release of at least 10 minutes so that it doesn't sputter and splatter all over the place.
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili with Vegetables
You'll find plenty of low-carb vegetables in this chili. Celery, yellow bell pepper, fresh tomatoes, and jalapenos mix perfectly with the chili to provide extra nutrients to the meal. I warn you this chili packs quite the kick.
A large part of the flavour in this chili comes from sautéing the onions, garlic, bell pepper, and jalapenos. The vegetables start to caramelize, and then the Instant Pot insert is deglazed while the ground/minced beef browns. If you have a low tolerance for spice, you may want to cut the jalapenos in half or out completely.I'm trying this firey Instant Pot Keto beef chili. An old family recipe that is healthy AND amazing.
After the ground/minced beef is browned it is mixed together with a blend of homemade chili seasoning, beef stock, tomatoes, celery, and coffee. You read that correctly. Add that leftover cold coffee from the morning into your chili, you won't regret it.
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili Tips
In this chili, I used a small amount of gluten-free Worcestershire sauce. Not all brands of Worcestershire sauce are gluten-free, so make sure you read before purchasing. If you would rather avoid the Worcestershire sauce you can replace it with coconut aminos for a similar flavour in your chili.
You may also choose to drain your ground/minced beef after it is browned, but before you add the seasonings. This step is up to you and what you prefer. If you forget to drain the grease before you mix in the seasoning, you can always scoop the grease off the top with a ladle after it cooks.
Removing the extra fat at this stage isn't about cutting back on fat (we are low-carb/high fat after all) but it's about ensuring the sauce is thick enough at the final stage.
To thicken your chili you will want to reduce the liquid by simmering it on sauté mode in the Instant Pot. If you are low on time you could also thicken your chili using a thickening agent of your choice. For this recipe, I chose to reduce the liquid.
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili Fully Loaded
The toppings you choose are just as important to the chili flavour as the ingredients. So don't be afraid to load it up with a variety of fresh toppings. I love to top my chili with diced onions, sliced jalapenos, cheese, and sour cream. Yummmmm.
Some other toppings that you may enjoy on your chili are chopped cilantro/coriander, lime wedges, or even finely sliced cabbage. I know it may sound a bit odd to put sliced cabbage on top of your chili, but it adds great texture and volume to the chili.
Keto Cornbread Recipe
Chili isn't chili without traditional cornbread, but you don't want the carbs right? But now you can make your own low-carb and keto cornbread with this simple easy recipe.
Keto Instant Pot Beef Chili
Recipe Video (tap to play)
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute mode. When the Instant Pot is hot, toss in the onions, jalapenos, bell pepper, and garlic. Saute for 3-5 minutes until it begins to soften and brown.
- Add the ground/minced beef to the Instant Pot. Use a spatula to break apart the meat and brown it. When the beef is browned drain the grease if desired.
- Next mix in the chili seasoning, tomato paste, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Dump in the diced tomatoes, celery, broth, and black coffee. Give it a quick stir and then close the lid, turning the pressure valve to sealing.
- Cook the chili using the "bean/chili" function, "manual", or "pressure cook" functions for 30 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes before doing a quick release. This prevents the chili from shooting out the top.
- Remove the lid and turn the Instant Pot back to saute mode. Allow the chili to simmer with the lid off until the liquid is reduced and it reaches your desired thickness. This could take between 10-20 minutes. If you are in rush, sprinkle in a tablespoon of your favourite keto friendly thickener.
- Serve while still hot topped with cheese, sour cream, onions, jalapenos, and maybe even some chopped cabbage. Enjoy!
More Low-Carb & Keto Instant Pot recipes you may like:
This chili is cook off worthy!