A keto meatlovers pizza? Yes please.
OK so there is some greenery on there too, and some vegetables, but I like my Fat Head pizza fully loaded. See the lists of sauces, meats, cheese and greenery you can add to your keto meatlovers Fat Head pizza, to make it stupendous.
Keto Meatlovers Pizza
I know many of you are already converts to the Fat Head pizza, but for those of you who are new here, take a look at the original post for Fat Head, and see me pay homage to Tom Naughton (and read what he has to say about me).
Watch my new video to see how to make Fat Head pizza base.
Without a doubt, Fat Head pizza is the number one recipe for everyone who is low carb or keto. Now add a trio of different meats as your topping, and a whole lotta cheese, and voila, you have a keto meatlovers pizza.
Keto Meatlovers Pizza - the recipe
You can use any variation of meat and toppings, just ensure all the meat is pre-cooked because the meat will only be in the oven long enough for the cheese to melt.Keto meatlovers pizza with FatHead - look the lists of toppings you can use!! Easy as.
Keto meatlovers pizza topping suggestions
Keto meatlovers pizza - base sauces
- Tomato paste (check for no added sugars)
- Olive tapenade
Keto meatlovers pizza - meats
For all meats, choose the least processed, the highest meat contents and meat that has not been cured with sugar, honey wheat or grains. Choose meat off the bone and stay away from pre-formed meat.
- Ham - off the bone
- Mince/ground beef/chicken/pork
- Diced sausage
- Smoked chicken
Keto meatlovers pizza - cheeses
- Blue cheese
- Goats cheese (feta)
Keto meatlovers pizza - herbs & spices
Keto meatlovers pizza - vegetables & greenery
- Thinly sliced onions
- Spring onions
- Bell peppers
- Sun-dried tomatoes
Keto Meatlovers Fat Head Pizza
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal (or coconut flour if using) in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir, then microwave on HIGH for further 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, herbs, spices or flavourings, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper and roll into a circular pizza shape (see photos here). Remove the top baking paper/parchment.
- Make fork holes all over the Fat Head pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Slide the baking paper/parchment with the pizza base, on a baking tray (cookie tray) or pizza stone, and bake at 220C/425F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- To make the base really crispy and sturdy, flip the pizza over (onto baking paper/parchment) once the top has browned.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and add all the meat and toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C/425F for 5 minutes.