Who else loves keto pizza pockets? Here in NZ we call them toasted sandwiches, but I have made them with the low-carb and keto mozzarella dough recipe. All your dinner problems are solved.
Have you see my viral mozzarella dough video?
Mozzarella dough is the holy Grail of keto dough. If you are new here, you need to go and get the 4 simple ingredients you need, and make this tonight - it is a game changer.
Keto Pizza Pockets
I call these keto pizza pockets, but many of you might call these keto toasted sandwiches or almond flour calzones.
Here in NZ and Australia, we love our toasted sandwiches. You throw two pieces of bread into a toasted sandwich maker, add some filling, and toast for 3-5 minutes. Toasted sandwich makers are an absolute staple in most houses and every student dorm in the country.Dinner problems are solved!!! Easy recipe for keto pizza pockets that are super filling. The famous mozzarella low-carb dough that will turn your world upside down.
But what if you want a keto toasted sandwich? A gluten free toasted sandwich? A keto toasted pocket? Luckily mozzarella dough comes to the rescue.
Almond Flour Mozzarella Dough
Watch the quick video below and get ready to blow your mind with the possibilities for almond flour mozzarella dough (a.k.a Fat Head dough).
There are even options in the recipe below to make the keto dough with coconut flour for those who are allergic, intolerant or attend schools with nut free policies and want to pack these keto pizza pockets in lunch boxes.
Do you dread the morning routine of packing lunches? Me too a few years ago. Now I rely heavily on last night's leftovers and other yummy nutritious meals, rather than the regular sandwich, juice, cake and crisps.
If you would like some help, come and join my FREE Low-Carb Lunchbox Hacks group. I post pictures of my own lunch boxes I pack for my children and it's a fun place to get tips, tricks and help. I'll see you there.
Keto Pizza Pockets - the recipe
Keto Pizza Pockets
Please rate this recipe
Pizza Pocket Filling Ideas
- pre shredded/grated cheese
- tomato paste
- pepperoni slices
- peppers sliced
- mushrooms sliced
- Mix the shredded/grated cheese and almond flour/meal in a microwaveable bowl. Add the cream cheese. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt and mix gently.
- Roll the keto cheese dough between 2 pieces of baking parchment/paper. Do not roll as thin as a thin pizza crust. It needs to be a little thicker so it is sturdy and will hold the pizza filings. See photos in this post.
- Remove the top baking paper/parchment. Cut the dough into squares the same size as your toasted sandwich maker.
- Place one square on the bottom of the sandwich maker, add your choice of fillings, place another square of dough on the top, press the lid of the sandwich maker down and cook for 3-5 minutes until golden.