Nothing beats the flavor of a classic fresh strawberry cheesecake! And now you can enjoy that flavor whenever you want with this fresh keto strawberry cheesecake! This personal-sized dessert is perfectly proportioned and easy to make.
At only 6.1g net carbs per cheesecake, this tasty treat is completely guilt-free!
Plus, you don't have to wait until the next day to enjoy this dessert. You read that right, this egg-free no bake strawberry cheesecake is ready to eat in only an hour!
This keto strawberry cheesecake is perfect for an individual serving, or to share with a special someone as an easy romantic dessert.
I find myself reaching for this low-carb strawberry cheesecake recipe month after month. I find that this recipe is great for any time of the year. Make the cheesecakes one at a time, or make several for a dinner party or a holiday treat.
My mug cake recipes on this site inspired me to make this keto strawberry cheesecake. Since one of the top questions I get asked about mug recipes is how to make them without eggs I decided to make this mug cheesecake recipe egg-free from the start.
This keto strawberry cheesecake only requires a few simple ingredients to make. Most of the ingredients are used to make a vanilla cheesecake base. To make it into a keto strawberry cheesecake recipe, fresh strawberries and whipped cream are added at the end.
- cream cheese - make sure to purchase full fat and unflavoured
- Greek yogurt - this should also be full fat and plain
- vanilla extract - or vanilla essence
- baking powder - not to be confused with baking soda
- granular or powdered sweetener of your choice - such as erythritol, monk fruit sweetener, or powdered sweetener. These sugar alcohols do not add to the carb count.
- fresh strawberries
- sweetened whipped cream - optional, but highly recommended!
See the keto strawberry cheesecake recipe card at the bottom for exact quantities.
To make this strawberry keto cheesecake you will need to first combine all the ingredients except the toppings together in a mug or half-pint jar. It is important that the cream cheese is softened before you add the other ingredients.
If you need to quickly soften it, you can do that by placing the cream cheese in your mug/jar and then microwaving it at 50% power for 15-30 seconds. This will ensure the cheesecake is smooth and easy to mix.
Once the ingredients are thoroughly mixed it's time to cook your cheesecake. Cook the cheesecake filling in the microwave at 50% power in 1-minute increments for a maximum of 2 minutes.
You will know the cheesecake is done with it looks firm, not wet, but is still jiggly when you gently shake your cheesecake.
Let the cheesecake cool on the counter for 10 minutes then chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour. When you are ready to serve top with fresh strawberry slices and a spoonful of sweetened whipped cream.
Hint: Tap the filled mug/jar gently on the counter several times to lever the batter and release any trapped air bubbles.
Each person has different dietary restrictions they may need to follow, or preferences they might have. Below are a few substitutions you can make to meet your needs.
- Greek yogurt - instead of Greek yogurt, you can use heavy cream, coconut cream, or sour cream for a tangier taste in the cheesecake filling.
- Baking powder - use xanthan gum instead of baking powder if needed. You would only need ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum.
- Vegan - the cream cheese can be replaced with a plant based vegan "cream cheese" substitute. The sour cream or yogurt can be replaced with coconut cream.
Keep in mind that if you make any substitutions you may need to recalculate the nutritional facts for this low-carb strawberry cheesecake recipe. The nutritional facts listed in the recipe below are only for the ingredients listed in the recipe.
If you are looking to mix up your strawberry keto cheesecake, or just aren't a fan of strawberries here are some ideas for you!
Extra fruity - you don't have to use only vanilla extract. Mix it up by adding a different flavor keto-friendly extract if you are feeling daring!
Mixed berry - any variety of fresh or frozen berries can be added to the top. Just make sure to let your frozen berries defrost first before eating.
Add a crust - no carby graham cracker crust here! Instead, create an almond flour crust for your keto strawberry cheesecake. Either sprinkle the crust on top, or mix it with some melted butter and press the crust into the bottom of your mug. Then pour the mixed cheesecake filling over it.
Make it with strawberry sauce - you can opt to whip up some fresh pureed strawberries along with a tiny bit of lemon juice to create a strawberry sauce. Layer it on top of the keto strawberry cheesecake and enjoy!
Melted chocolate drizzled over a fresh strawberry topping would make this the best keto strawberry cheesecake for special occasions.
Chocolate-dipped sliced strawberries or dark chocolate-dipped frozen strawberries placed on top with whipped cream is the perfect low-carb dessert.
See these 16 Best Keto Recipes for Cheesecake on my website for inspiration of more flavors or crust ideas!
Your cheesecake will need to be cooked in a microwave-safe mug or jar that is tall enough that your cheesecake will not overflow while cooking.
I used a half-pint jar because it's easier to see what each cheesecake looks like when cooked. I also like that I can screw the lid on the jar to store the cheesecakes.
The cheesecakes were also cooked in a microwave at 50% power. Each microwave is different so if you are having a hard time finding 50% power on your microwave here are some options.
- Use the softening function on your microwave if you have it to cook your cheesecakes.
- If you cannot change the power on your microwave cook in 30 second increments instead of 1 minute increments.
- Bake your cheesecakes in the oven instead. Cook at 175C/350F for 15-17 minutes. Be sure to use an oven safe container.
The uneaten or leftover cheesecakes can be stored covered in the fridge for up to 5-7 days. You can also freeze this sugar-free strawberry cheesecake for up to 30 days.
If you intend to freeze the cheesecakes make sure you use a freezer-safe jar, or remove the cooked cheesecakes from the mug and store them in a freezer-safe container.
Frozen cheesecakes can be defrosted on the counter for 1-2 hours at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
I have made this strawberry keto cheesecake with a few different brands of cream cheese. I have noticed that the quality and brand of cream cheese can make a huge difference in texture and flavor. So if you can, opt for a quality cream cheese.
The same can be said for sour cream or yogurt. When it comes to dairy, I highly recommend you get the best quality you can afford. This delicious cheesecake filling is worth it, I promise!
If you are having a difficult time getting the clumps out of your cheesecake try using room temperature cream cheese rather than cold cream cheese, and mixing the batter with a small whisk instead of a fork.
If you still can't get the clumps out, let the strawberry cheesecake batter sit for another 5 minutes on the counter and mix again. Your softened cream cheese may not have been quite soft enough when you started.
This is one of my favorite keto recipes - and perfectly portion-controlled.
More delicious keto dessert recipes
All these low-carb cheesecake recipes are low in net carbs, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
- 4 easy low-carb mug cheesecakes
- Pumpkin pie spice keto cheesecake in a mug (egg free)
- Blueberry keto cheesecake in a mug (egg free)
- Instant Pot sugar-free berry cheesecake
- "Nutella" sugar-free mug cheesecake
- 16 BEST low-carb keto cheesecake recipes
- 1-minute double chocolate mug cake
Please rate this recipe.
Keto Strawberry Mug Cheesecake Recipe
- Place the cream cheese into the bottom of your mug. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften the cream cheese.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except the toppings to the mug and mix until smooth.
- Place the cheesecake in the microwave. Cook the cheesecake in the microwave at 50% power in 1 minute increments for a maximum of 2 minutes. If cooking at normal power cook in 30 second increments for a maximum of 1 minute.
- Remove the cheesecake from the microwave and for best results, chill it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Top with sugar-free sweetened whipped cream and slices of fresh strawberries. (If you want to enjoy it warm, allow the steam to escape and wait a few minutes until it is a comfortable temperature to enjoy.)
- For best results, chill it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- If you want to enjoy it warm, allow the steam to escape and wait a few minutes until it is a comfortable temperature to enjoy.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.