So there’s no need to ruin your daily goals if you are after a sweet treat.
The Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding will please all your chocolate loving friends who are gluten-free, sugar-free, low-carb and love healthy recipes.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding
No matter where you are on your sugar-free journey, this low-carb chocolate cake is a guilt-free way to satisfy a craving and keep you on track.
Every once in a while I will get a craving, not for something sweet, but something rich in flavour. That is where this chocolate pudding cake comes in it is made of almond and coconut flour, making it low-carb and keto friendly.
What’s special about my Instant Pot chocolate pudding is that as the cake cooks a hot fudge sauce forms under the cake. The result is a warm gooey and moist chocolate cake with a fudge sauce. The best way to eat chocolate in my opinion.
Healthy Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding
To make this cake in the Instant Pot you will need to use the “pot in pot” method. What this means, is that cake will cook inside an oven-safe baking pan that is placed inside of the Instant Pot.
The oven-safe pan sits on a trivet with water underneath to allow the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
Any oven-safe pan that fits inside the Instant Pot will work. Check the pan before using to ensure there are no cracks if you are using a glass baking pan.
I like to use my long handled silicone trivet for this recipe. The long handles allow me to easily lower the pan in and out of my Instant Pot.
If you do not have a long-handled trivet I would use a long piece of foil folded into thirds lengthwise to help you lower and lift your pan.
Low-Carb Chocolate Pudding Cake with Fudge Sauce
The first thing you need to do to make this cake is to mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Break apart any clumps that work with a whisk, fork, or a fine mesh sieve. Once the clumps are all gone you will add the wet ingredients to make the yummy cake batter.
The cake batter uses very little sweeteners. Taste the batter before adding the eggs to make sure it sweetened to your taste buds and to the level of your sweet tooth. If you think it needs more sweetener, add more.Wow! Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake - with a hidden chocolate sauce!! What a great healthy sugar-free treat for the whole family.
Next, you will make the chocolate sauce that will become the hot fudge sauce that appears “as if by magic” under the cake. Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake.
I like to pour on top of a spoon that is held over the cake. I find this prevents the chocolate sauce from making holes in the batter as it is poured.
Do Not Mix the chocolate sauce into batter. The sauce will seep to the bottom and thicken as it cooks.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding
Finally, cover the low-carb chocolate cake with foil and set the cake on the trivet with 2 cups water underneath. It will take the cake 30 minutes to cook using the “manual” or “pressure cook” setting. When the cake is done release the pressure by quickly turning the pressure know open, be careful of the hot steam.
Let the cake rest uncovered on the counter for 5-10 minutes to settle. The cake is best served still warm, but it also great reheated the next day if you have leftovers (now I can’t imagine this happening in my house).
If you find you did not add enough sweeter to your cake, don’t worry. I have the magic solution to rescue any under-sweetened recipe. Simply top the cake with a spoonful of sweetened whipped cream. It will help sweeten the cake, and you can adapt the sweetness for those in your family who still have a super-sweet tooth.
I hope you love this chocolate pudding cake. Remember to taste the batter and chocolate sauce as you go, and add additional sweetener to match your tastes.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Chocolate Pudding Cake
- In a large bowl mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Use a fork or whisk to break apart any clumps.
- Next mix in the softened butter, vanilla, and coconut milk. Mix the batter until smooth then taste the batter to see if you need to add any more sweetener to meet your taste.
- Mix the eggs into the batter.
- Grease an oven safe pan that fits inside of your pressure cooker with coconut oil or butter. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth out the top.
- In a separate dish whisk together all the ingredients for the hidden sugar-free chocolate sauce.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the cake batter. A spoon can be used to soften the pouring so that the sauce doesn't create holes in the batter. The recipe video will help you see this technique.
- Cover the pan with foil. Add 2 cups of water to the bottom of the pressure cooker insert. Place a trivet at the bottom of the pressure cooker and carefully lower the cake to rest on top of the trivet.
- Close the lid on the Instant Pot and turn the pressure valve to seal. Cook the cake on high pressure for 30 minutes using the "manual" or "pressure cook" setting. Release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Turn off the Instant Pot, open the lid, and remove the cake. Remove the foil off the cake and let it cool on the counter for 5-10 minutes. Serve the cake while it is still warm topped with whipped cream.
Love easy low-carb healthy sweet recipes? You’ll love these too:
- Chocolate mint truffles
- Choc-mint cheesecake squares
- Chocolate avocado mousse
- Chocolate peppermint fat bombs
Join my FREE newsletter