Today’s low-carb lesson, behaviour change I ask what are the 7 steps to behaviour change? What are the 7 simple rules so we break bad habits – for life!
And have you been thinking of becoming a certified Health Coach? Keep reading …
Listen to the incredible Dr Louise Schofield who explains beautifully why we rely on automatic decision making (habits) on a daily basis – and what we can do about it.
Low-carb lesson – behaviour change
Today we discuss:
- Why is it so hard to change habits – lifelong?
- How do we stop emotional eating?
- What can we do to change our triggers – 3-step loop. Trigger – Routine – Reward.
- Understanding our why” is vital for lifelong habit change, it is far more powerful than willpower.
- How to deal with family members who aren’t on board and maybe rude or dismissive
- We finish off discussing healthspan vs lifespan – and how food and lifestyle IS medicine.
Low-Carb Lesson – Behaviour Change – the 7 rules
Take a look at these 7 rules of behaviour change below and begin to think “what can I do TODAY to make TOMORROW better”?
How could you change your rewards system? Do you know your “why”? What activities are fun? Name new habits you would love to introduce into your life.
And remember to track what you eat and track your progress – you can see immediately the changes that need to be made and be proud of any progress you make. Progress, not perfection.An incredible low-carb lesson, behaviour change. What are the 7 simple rules so we break bad habits - for life!
Dr Louise Schofield
I am fortunate to count Louise as a wonderful friend and professional colleague. She is an amazing woman who is making real change in the low-carb world.
Louise has an impressive career path:
- PhD in behavioural change
- Spent the last 15 years in corporate health and well-being sector
- Co-founder and CEO of PreKure – training and accrediting health coaches
- The absolute powerhouse behind the scenes at What The Fat and What The fast books.
You can find Dr Louise Scofield at PreKure and What The Fat.
Dr Louise Schofield is one of the founders of PreKure, which is providing training and inspiration to the medical profession to become more focused on disease prevention. PreKure’s vision is to make prescribing lifestyle medicine as easy as prescribing pills.
I have just completed my Health Coach Certificate with PreKure and can wholeheartedly recommend PreKure and their extensive faculty of expert instructors.
- If you are thinking of becoming a qualified Health Coach and would like to see the variety of courses available – CLICK HERE.
- If you are a practitioner who wants to up-skill in Ketogenic Nutrition & Treatment – PreKure is currently giving my practitioner readers $100 discount. To see the curriculum – CLICK HERE.
[All video interviews/expert lessons are shown in my private membership before they appear anywhere else PLUS our Guest Expert will answer 3 questions exclusively from my membership. To join the waitlist, CLICK HERE. ]
How To Start Low-Carb
If you are new here and would like to learn how to start low-carb, take a look at this page for beginners.
There are all the resources you’ll ever need to learn how to start a low-carb diet or how to start a keto diet.