Today’s low-carb lesson, How To Be Fit Fab and Fifty.
Ask yourself “What kind of older woman do you want to be?”
We discuss how you can start your first fun run, your first triathlon or your first paddle across the pool.
And if you are contemplating starting your first triathlon? Or participate in a fun run? Keep watching … (and learn which is the one best item of clothing you need to invest in).
Low-Carb Lesson – How To Be Fit Fab and Fifty
- What made her change careers from hospital chief executive to running Fit Fab and 50 Plus
- What are the benefits of being fit as we age?
- Best advice for those who have no time or money for fitness
- Small changes you can make today, especially if starting out
- Tips for your first 5K walk or run
- Are women left behind when it comes to health care and cardiac care?
- Are there enough programmes out there for women over 50/60?
- Clothing/running shoe tips
- Top 3 tips to encourage and support you to be Fit Fab and 50 Plus
How To Be Fit Fab and Fifty
Jennifer has had a long career in public health starting is a registered nurse in intensive care with coronary care (cardiology) qualifications and moving through to be a hospital Chief Executive.
Jennifer is also a researcher, certified wellness coach and the author of that Fit Fab and 50 Plus – book – website – podcast
As a grandmother, she entered and completed her first triathlon, even though she thought “all the other grandmothers are tucked up in bed – why am I doing this?”
How To Start Your First Event/Activity
If you struggle to be healthy, just being with other healthy people makes it so much easier.
We all want to be in the best condition – and in the best health, that we can possibly be. How do activity and exercise fit into this? What if you can’t run, can’t swim and have no sports gear. Where do you begin?What kind of older woman do you want to be? Such a phenomenal motivator. Today's low-carb lesson, How To Be Fit Fab and Fifty ... we discuss how you can move, stretch and improve ... with no time or money.
All it takes is 30 seconds of courage to get up and start. It may be walking the block. It could be running the block. Why not try ocean swimming? It really doesn’t matter, just get it going.
Top 3 Tips To Be Active, Strong And Flexible
- It doesn’t matter what you do, just make sure you MOVE. Exercise accumulates throughout the day. And once you do some daily exercise, don’t sit for the rest of the day. Be active and move all day long. Move more today than you did yesterday.
- Build activity and strength work into your day. Do 10 squats every time you go to the toilet. Balance on your toes every time you brush your teeth. Do lunges walking down your hallway. Learn how to stretch. Stretching improves the blood supply to all your muscles to deliver all the nutrients and oxygen PLUS it helps remove the toxins from your joints.
- It doesn’t cost anything to go walking, join a free walking group, look at YouTube videos how to build a home gym with things you have around the house. Use cans/tins/bottles for weights. Utilise chairs and stairs as free equipment. Carry the heavy shopping home.
Invest in a good bra and good shoes – that’s it! Ask for gift vouchers for birthday’s and mother’s day.
HOW TO START LOW-CARB
If you are new here and would like to learn how to start low-carb, take a look at this page for beginners.
There are all the resources you’ll ever need to learn how to start a low-carb diet or how to start a keto diet.