Low-carb pizza waffles – nut free, grain free, gluten free and incredibly easy with no protein powders and nothing you won’t have in your low carb pantry.
Scroll below to watch the new cooking video just added. This makes these award winning waffles virtually fail proof.
Note On Nuts :: “The FDA lists coconut as a tree nut but in fact, coconut is a seed of a drupaceous fruit. Most people allergic to tree nuts can safely eat coconut. Coconut allergy is reasonably rare. If you are allergic to tree nuts, talk to your allergist before adding coconut to or eliminating coconut from your diet.”
Low-Carb Pizza Waffles
Have you tried my recipe for FatHead pizza? It has become THE most downloaded recipe for the entire website. As a result of this, many readers have been asking me for a nut free version so children can take it to school, or for those with nut allergies. Well I think I’ve cracked it with these low carb pizza waffles.
It’s actually embarrassing how many times I have now made these. I’ve learnt to make a double batch and freeze the remainder for school lunches.
Waffles are so versatile. I freeze the remaining low-carb pizza waffles in an airtight container with a piece of baking parchment in between each one to stop them from sticking and it is easy to remove 1 or 2 at a time to defrost.
You can even cut the pizza waffles in half and use as a sandwich with your choice of filling, or grill with some toppings then pop in your lunch box once they’re cold.Award winning low-carb pizza waffles are so easy and versatile. The new video makes it fail proof
Uses for Low Carb Pizza Waffles – leave a comment below with your ideas on how to use these amazing waffles
- nut free pizza base
- sandwich replacement
- savoury waffle served with cheese, ham, cooked mushrooms and kale
- on their own with butter
- add some garlic butter
- cut and toast pieces in place of crackers
TOP TIP :: For birthday parties and sleepovers, I make the pizza waffles in the morning or a day ahead. When it’s time for pizza, I leave all the toppings out and let the children load theirs up any which way they like. Bake the pizzas on baking parchment, write their name next to their pizza waffle and they are guaranteed to be eaten. Such a simple idea and such a popular one. Even the carb lovers love these.
Low Carb Pizza Waffles
- Whisk the egg whites until firm and form stiff peaks.
- Mix the egg yolks, coconut flour, salt, herbs and baking powder.
- Add the melted butter slowly, mixing to ensure it is a smooth consistency.
- Add the milk and grated cheese. Mix well.
- Gently fold spoons of the whisked egg whites into the yolk mixture. Try to keep as much of the air and volume as possible.
- Place enough of the waffle mixture into the warm waffle maker to make one waffle. Cook until golden.
- Repeat until all the mixture has been used.
So what toppings would you put on your Low Carb Pizza Waffle? And what other ideas do you have to use the waffles?