This recipe has been updated. Click here to see the latest new and improved recipe. Even easier to make and even easier to follow.
Packed with vibrant colours and flavours make this easy recipe a great family meal. It is extremely low in carbs, high in fat, wheat free, sugar free, grain free, paleo, primal, you name it, and it is absolutely packed with vegetables.
Either serve it in bowls with a garnish of coconut thread, or serve with cauliflower coconut ‘rice’ . You can see a theme here, as a family we love curries.
My children love them, and I must admit, they loved the popadoms, naan bread and apricot chutney that would be served along side, but they haven’t really noticed those things don’t appear any more. Curries are an easy way to add more vegetables.
Pumpkin is lower in carbs than say potatoes or sweet potatoes. It adds flavour, colour and texture to this dish.
Spinach is the most wonderful leafy green vegetable packed with vitamins, fibre and antioxidants. Magnesium, iron, zinc, calcium, Vit A, B, C, E, K, manganese, tryptophan, copper.
Low Carb Spinach Coconut Curry
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and gently cook the spring onions and curry paste.
- Add the diced chicken breast and continue to stir until cooked but not browned. This will ensure the meat is still tender.
- Add the coconut cream/milk and pumpkin cubes, then mix gently.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and simmer on a low heat for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so the coconut cream does not start to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Just before serving, add the chopped spinach and stir gently for 2-3 minutes to let the spinach wilt.
- Serve in bowls with coconut threads on top or can be served with cauliflower coconut rice.