Ok, so technically, meatloaf cupcakes probably aren't real cupcakes, but the idea is a cute one and it's such a quick and adaptable base recipe.
Just mix ground beef with whatever ingredients or leftovers you have in your fridge, add your favorite flavors to make these easy meatloaf cupcakes.
Is meatloaf keto?
Nutrition values per meatloaf cupcake: 0.6 g net carbs, 15.2 g protein, 17.2g fat, 221 calories.
What is meatloaf made of?
Meatloaf is traditionally made with ground beef or ground pork or a mixture of both.
Meatloaf is often made with breadcrumbs and served with ketchup which makes a meal high carb. Most commonly meatloaf is served with mashed potato. None of these can be eaten on a keto or low-carb diet.
But don't worry, you can still enjoy meatloaf. The recipe below doesn't use any wheat flour or breadcrumbs and is served with sugar-free ketchup or tangy sugar-free BBQ sauce.
- Mix all the meatloaf ingredeints in a large mixing bowl.
- Press into oiled muffin cases.
- Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake and enjoy.
Anything smothered with cheese is always an instant hit with my children. And if you have been following my recipes for a while, you know I love adding hidden veggies wherever I can, and these are no exception. You can even hide organ meat in here (just don't tell my kids).
A delicious way to get even more low carb vegetables is to top the meatloaves with creamy mashed cauliflower.
Serve 2 or 3 mini meatloaves for dinner, or they are a brilliant idea for breakfast or lunch the next day. They are sturdy and portable, high in protein and extremely low in carbs.
Air fryer meatloaf
Using an air fryer to cook mini meatloaves is quick and easy.
- Preheat to 180C/350F.
- Spray the wire basket with cooking oil.
- Gently place each meatloaf into the oiled basket. Ensure there is plenty of space between them.
- Cook for 15 minutes, open the drawer and check each meatloaf.
- Cook for a further 5-10 minutes, depending on the size of meatloaves.
If you love using your air fryer, I have 101 keto air fryer recipes for you to choose from (chicken, pork, ground beef, salmon, vegetables, and even desserts). Discover how to use your air fryer plus FREE printable air fryer cooking cheat sheets.
- Italian meatloaf - add garlic, oregano, Italian seasoning, rosemary, basil,
- Mexican meatloaf - add coriander (cilantro), cumin, chills, capsicums, peppers, serve with avocado and salsa
- Cheeseburger meatloaf - add mustard, hide cheese inside which will melt when cooked, serve with homemade ketchup
- Toppings - grated cheese, bacon pieces or slices, parmesan, mozzarella, sliced tomato covered in cheese
- Hidden ingredients - organ meat, grated carrot, finely diced mushrooms, celery, grated zucchini, chopped spinach,
Cooked mini meatloaves can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To defrost, leave on the countertop for a few hours then reheat in the oven, microwave, or air fryer.
Best keto side dishes to serve with beef
Traditionally meatloaf is served with mashed potato and ketchup. But when you are restricting your carbs and monitoring your blood sugars, both are off the menu.
There are so many delicious low-carb and keto side dishes to serve with beef. Beef is a family-friendly dinner and so you need to choose easy healthy side dishes that the whole family will love.
Here are some of my favorite keto beef side dishes.
- Cheesy keto garlic bread
- Easy mashed cauliflower
- The best low-carb bread, pasta, and potato substitutes
- Low-carb keto almond flour bread
- Baked cheesy broccoli and cauliflower
Please rate this recipe.
Keto Meatloaf Cupcakes Recipe
- Mix the diced onion, meat, eggs and salt and pepper together.
- Add your choice of seasonings and flavourings. I have given one example, but take a look below for a huge range of ideas.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands and place a small handful of the meatloaf mixture into muffin trays. Press gently, not too hard, otherwise they will turn into meatballs.
- Cover with the grated cheese, and sprinkle with grated parmesan if desired.
- Cook at 180C/350F
- Mince/ground meat can be beef, pork, turkey or meat of your choice.
- Nutrition values will vary according to which meat you choose and how lean it is.
- Try to choose the medium-fat meat. Otherwise too much fat will render out.
YOUR HOLIDAY PANTRY & GIFT GUIDES
Approximate nutrition information is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. For the most accurate nutritional data, use the actual ingredients and brands you used in your preferred nutrition calculator.