About Ditch The Carbs
Ditch The Carbs helps educate and inspire health, nutrition and weight loss through the low carb, sugar-free lifestyle. All my recipes are low carb, gluten free, wheat free, grain free and no added sugar. When you decide to give up carbs, sugar and wheat, Ditch The Carbs shows you just how easy and nutritious it is. DTC is packed with inspiration and practical ideas. By ditching the carbs, you improve your health, lose weight, increase nutrition, eat real food and gain control of your appetite.
I am a registered pharmacist and a mother of 3 young children.
I am also the founder of www.lowcarbpractitioners.com - As a trained pharmacist, I'm in a unique position to understand the science behind low-carb living. I have witnessed for decades the effects of chronic high blood sugars in my patients. An ever-increasing number of medical professionals are telling their patients WHY they need to live low-carb, I can teach you HOW to live low-carb.
The health-conscious low carb, sugar-free and wheat free community are growing incredibly fast. As the science and research supporting low carb continues to be published in the mainstream media, I expect my readership will continue to grow, and my audience to broaden. I am exceeding my expected growth, month after month and subscriber conversions.
DTC began in February 2014, I have reached 70 million page views, one of the worlds top 10 low-carb websites and are the top low-carb website in New Zealand and Australia. I have a dedicated following from those wanting to lose weight, T1 and T2 diabetics, coeliacs, those with food intolerances and those wanting to improve their nutrition. Families desperately want to know how to get their children to eat real food, be well nourished and eat their veggies.
Monthly Reach - June 2019
Monthly Page-views 2.2 million
Website Subscribers 91,000
I have written numerous books and are currently working on more.
- Visit my sales pages below on gumroad.com for my eBooks or please visit Amazon for my printed books
- Low Carb Starter Pack - the complete beginner's guide
- Low Carb Easy Family Meals - how to be a low carb family
- Low Carb Lunches - how to make real food lunch boxes
- Simple Carb Counter - 100 of the most common foods
- Subscribe here
- Google +
- YouTube Channel
- Low Carb Support Group
- Low Carb Lunchbox Hacks Group
For full medical and nutritional disclaimer, please read this page.
I own the copyright to all my recipes, even if they are shared in partnership with companies.
Use Of My Material
Can you use my recipes and photos on your blog, website or magazine?
RECIPES – No. I do not allow republication of my written content, post, recipe or instructions without prior consent. If you copy and paste any of my written content it is a copyright infringement and will negatively affect how Google ranks both our pages. Please contact me directly if you would like to use a recipe or written content. I am having to get tough on this one as so many websites are copying my work and even selling it for profit. PHOTOS – Yes, great stuff, thanks for sharing BUT I only give permission if you CREDIT the source of my photos. You must include a link back to the recipe page the photo came from AND a link to ditchthecarbs.com An example might look like this “Check out the most amazing low carb chocolate cake from Ditch The Carbs. They have a great selection of low carb, gluten free, grain free and no added sugar recipes for the whole family” (OK so you don’t have to be quite that glowing, although it would be nice, you get the idea).
And by all means, share, share, share on Facebook or Pinterest using my links or sharing my recipe’s URL. I work darn hard on this website and would love it for more people to hear about DTC from the correct source 🙂 I report pages who cut and paste my recipes onto Facebook without linking back to me (you know who you are ).
As Seen On
- Ditch the Carbs is the number one low-carb website in New Zealand and Australia, and currently 7th in the world.
- My recent interview on Diabetes Mine. My bio, career as a pharmacist, history of weight loss and gestational diabetes.
- I am a writer for The Huffington Post and Buzzfeed. See all my previous articles here.
- Featured blog and featured chef on Institute For Responsible Foods - IRN - Founded by Dr Robert Lustig
- I write guest articles and posts for Diet Doctor
- Full interview on Healthline's "Diabetes Mine" - Ditching Carbohydrates With Leading Low-Carb Blogger.
- 15 Best Banting (LCHF) Sites - Good Housekeeping
- 5 banting Diet resources - TalkFeed SA Podcast and Website
- Published eBooks with Natvia sweetener
- Sugar-Free Christmas eBook with Natvia to raise funds for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
- LCHF- Banting recipes Easter special on Food 24 - Africa's biggest food website
- Gluten Free Global Community on Simply Gluten Free
- Cookbook Ambassador for 100 Days Of Real Food
Hi, I have a question about linking to a recipe on your site - is it ok to use this when I blog about how I make pizza?
One recipe Ditch the Carbs Fathead Dough
with a link to your recipe attached to "Ditch the Carbs Fathead Dough" then list out the remaining ingredients of my pizza? My blog DeltaMamaCooksKeto.com is just getting started and I want to make sure that I don't break any rules or laws. Thanks so much for your answer to my question either here or by email.
Hi Trish, thanks for reaching out and asking for permission. All websites only allow an image with 1 or 2 linkbacks to credit the original website as the source. No written material may be copied from anyone as that is covered by Copyright and if Google sees duplicate work, it will downgrade you. Well done for checking first, I see so many people not understanding the rules, Google ranking and Copyright regulations. 🙂
My daughter is doing a science fair project on “how much sugar is in your drinks” We found your website to be interesting as we search for sites re her topic. May we use your name, publishing company and two or three statements from your website for her project? Thank you for your time.
Hi Melinda, that’s great your daughter wants to do a similar science fair project and yes of course you can quote my website. Good luck. I’m sure she will have fun and open some eyes regarding how much sugar lurks in food.
Is there a place to contact you via email? I have a question for you that I believe you will find intriguing in regards to sugar and sweeteners.
Absolutely. Email me at libby at ditchthecarbs.com I look froward to catching up.