Ditch The Carbs helps educate and inspire health, nutrition and weight loss through low carb, sugar free lifestyle. All my recipes are low carb, gluten free, wheat free, grain free and no added sugar. When you decide to give up carbs, sugar and wheat, Ditch The Carbs shows you just how easy and nutritious it is. DTC is packed with inspiration and practical ideas. By ditching the carbs, you improve your health, lose weight, increase nutrition, eat real food and gain control of your appetite.
I am a registered pharmacist, and a mother of 3 young children.
The health conscious low carb, sugar free and wheat free community are growing incredibly fast. As the science and research supporting low carb continues to be published in the mainstream media, I expect my readership will continue to grow, and my audience broaden. I am exceeding my expected growth, month after month and subscriber conversions.
DTC began in February 2014, I have reached 15 million page views, and are no.1 on the top 100 food blogs on every recipe.co.nz and .com.au. I have a dedicated following from those wanting to lose weight, T1 and T2 diabetics, coeliacs, those with food intolerances and those wanting to improve their nutrition. Families desperately want to know how to get their children to eat real food, be well nourished and eat their veggies.
Monthly Reach – January 2018
Monthly Page-views 2.2 million
Website Subscribers 62,000
I have written two books and are currently working on my fourth.
- Visit my sales pages below on gumroad.com for my eBooks or please visit Amazon for my printed books
- Low Carb Starter Pack – the complete beginners guide
- Low Carb Easy Family Meals – how to be a low carb family
- Low Carb Lunches – how to make real food lunch boxes
- Simple Carb Counter – 100 of the most common foods
By ditching the carbs, you improve your health, lose weight, increase nutrition, eat real food, eat whole food and gain control of your appetite. See the Testimonials page or Facebook to see how others are finding health through ditching the carbs and eating real whole foods.
- Subscribe here
- Google +
- YouTube Channel
- Low Carb Support Group
- Low Carb Lunchbox Hacks Group
For full medical and nutritional disclaimer, please read this page.
I own the copyright to all my recipes, even if they are shared in partnership with companies.
Use Of My Material
Can you use my recipes and photos on your blog, website or magazine?
RECIPES – No. I do not allow republication of my written content, post, recipe or instrutions without prior consent. If you copy and paste any of my written content it is a copyright infringement and will negatively affect how Google ranks both our pages. Please contact me directly if you would like to use a recipe or written content. I am having to get tough on this one as so many websites are copying my work and even selling it for profit. PHOTOS – Yes, great stuff, thanks for sharing BUT I only give permission if you CREDIT the source of my photos. You must include a link back to the recipe page the photo came from AND a link to ditchthecarbs.com An example might look like this “Check out the most amazing low carb chocolate cake from Ditch The Carbs. They have a great selection of low carb, gluten free, grain free and no added sugar recipes for the whole family” (OK so you don’t have to be quite that glowing, although it would be nice, but you get the idea).
And by all means, share, share, share on Facebook or Pinterest using my links or sharing my recipe’s URL. I work darn hard on this website and would love it for more people to hear about DTC from the correct source 🙂 I report pages who cut and paste my recipes onto Facebook without linking back to me (you know who you are ).
As Seen On
- Ditch the Carbs is the number one low-carb website in New Zealand and Australia, and currently 7th in the world.
- My recent interview on Diabetes Mine. My bio, career as a pharmacist, history of weight loss and gestational diabetes.
- I am a writer for The Huffington Post and Buzzfeed. See all my previous articles here.
- Featured blog and featured chef on Institute For Responsible Foods – IRN – Founded by Dr Robert Lustig
- I write guest articles and posts for Diet Doctor
- Full interview on Healthline’s “Diabetes Mine” – Ditching Carbohydrates With Leading Low-Carb Blogger.
- 15 Best Banting (LCHF) Sites – Good Housekeeping
- 5 banting Diet resources – TalkFeed SA Podcast and Website
- Published eBooks with Natvia sweetener
- Sugar Free Christmas eBook with Natvia to raise funds for JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation)
- LCHF- Banting recipes Easter special on Food 24 – Africa’s biggest food website
- Gluten Free Global Community on Simply Gluten Free
- Cookbook Ambassador for 100 Days Of Real Food