Now what isn't to like about putting coffee, chocolate and cream together? These are beautiful little decadent low carb much custard treats for after dinner.
Low Carb Mocha Custards
What I love about low carb mocha custards, is the fact that there is no added sugar and made with simple ingredients. I absolutely love dark chocolate, creamy custard and a good coffee.
To combine my favourite flavours in a low-carb dessert is bliss. In addition they are low carb, no added sugar, wheat free, and gluten free. What flavour custard is your favourite?
- In a small saucepan, gently warm the cream, coffee and chocolate pieces together until almost simmering, but do not let it boil. Remove from the heat.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs yolks and sweetener together until pale and fluffy.
- With the saucepan off the heat, whisk in slowly the egg yolk mixture. Stir constantly to stop the eggs from cooking or curdling.
- Place the saucepan back on the low heat and whisk slowly until the mixture thickens.
- Pour into tiny espresso cups and refrigerate until set.