Prepare yourself for this easy sugar-free nutty granola - with no shredded coconut. You and your kids will love this granola as a healthy breakfast or nutrient-rich snack.
It's especially for those who hate shredded coconut in their granola, muesli or cereal. Sprinkle over yoghurt or ice cream to add some crunch.
Important Note: This recipe is not intended to be allergen-free. This recipe is free from desiccated/shredded coconut for those readers who dislike coconut flavours and those who dislike the texture of desiccated/shredded coconut. Many readers have requested grain-free granola that does not taste of coconut or contain coconut flakes or pieces that many low-carb granola recipes contain. The recipe below uses coconut oil. If you wish this to be completely free of coconut, then you may wish to use another oil that you can tolerate in its place.
Nutty granola - why no shredded coconut?
Finding a good sugar-free, gluten-free, and coconut-free nutty granola at the store can be an expensive challenge. The good news is that granola is extremely easy to make at home and can be tailored to your taste.
So many readers in my email community have asked me to make a granola recipe that does not contain any shredded coconut. Some people are more sensitive to the coconut taste than others. This is a quick and easy recipe to enjoy a healthy sugar free nutty breakfast (without the coconut).
This nutty granola can be served on your morning bowl of yogurt or even sprinkled on top of ice cream to add some crunch and added flavor.
Nutty granola is made with a variety of nuts and seeds that will give you a nice serving of healthy fats, omegas, and protein. Since a variety of nuts and seeds can get pricy I like to get my nuts and seeds from the bulk section at the store. This allows me to purchase only what I need of a nut or seed I do not use regularly.
- Coconut oil - or another favorite neutral healthy cooking oil. This helps coat each nut and seed with sweetener and cinnamon.
- Dried cinnamon - or you could use ginger, vanilla, cocoa powder, fennel, orange zest.
- Granulated sweetener of choice - you can use your favourite sugar replacement or sweetener. You may wish to omit this entirely or add more to your taste. Everyone is on different paths of their sugar-free journey.
- A variety of nuts and seeds - the recipe suggaests pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, walnut pieces, sesame seeds, brazil nuts (chopped),pecans (chopped), almonds (chopped).
How to bake nutty granola
1: To make the homemade granola recipe, mix together the melted coconut oil, your sweetener of choice, and some cinnamon.
2: Spread your chosen variety of nuts and seeds into a baking dish or casserole dish.
3: Pour the sweetened and flavoured coconut oil mixture over your nuts and seeds, then mix the granola recipe in the baking dish until all the seeds and nuts are coated.
4: Place the granola in your preheated oven and bake for up to 20 minutes. You will want to mix and turn the granola every five minutes when baking to keep it from burning. When the granola is done you will want to let it cool completely before storing it.
LOW-CARB BREAKFASTS: Who else wants to start their day the easy way? There's even an egg-free chapter for you too - DON'T WAIT - BUY NOW
Since there is no dairy or eggs in your sugar-free granola it can be stored in an airtight container in the pantry. However, if you are in a hot climate, you may wish to store your grain-free granola in the refrigerator or even in the freezer.
The granola will last in the pantry for up to two weeks, 2-4 weeks in the refrigerator, and up to a year in the freezer.
Your entire family will love this homemade granola recipe for breakfast or a quick snack. After you try it if you decide you want to double the recipe because you know your family will eat it quickly.
This sugar free nutty granola can be served on your morning bowl of unsweetened yogurt or even sprinkled on top of a low carb ice cream to add some crunch and added flavor.
You can store the granola in single serve bags or snack pots so you can carry a low-carb or keto snack with you. It's an easy way to stop temptation when a sugar craving strikes.
More sugar-free breakfast recipes
- Keto Breakfast Burritos + VIDEO
- 1-Minute Keto Muffins + VIDEO
- Keto Eggs Benedict in the Instant Pot + VIDEO
Sugar Free Nutty granola - no shredded coconut
Please rate this recipe
- Mix the melted coconut oil, cinnamon and sweetener (optional).
- Place all the nuts and seeds in a baking dish.
- Pour the coconut and cinnamon mixture over the top and mix until all the seeds and nuts are fully coated.
- Roast at 180C/350F, ensure you mix and turn the nutty granola every 5 minutes so it doesn't burn. I don't want you to have an expensive baking mistake.
- Bake until golden, for up to 20 minutes depending on the size and depth of your baking dish.
LOW-CARB BREAKFASTS: Who else wants to start their day the easy way? There's even an egg-free chapter for you too - CLICK HERE