Ah-mazing sugar-free orange and pecan grain-free granola. Low carb, healthy, nutritious and unprocessed real food. Who wants fortified ultra-procesesed cereals anyway?
Orange And Pecan Grain-Free Granola
If you have been following my website for some time, you know my grain-free granolas are legendary, and why I haven’t bought cereals/granola for 3 years. I encourage you to read my post on cereals/granola and the top 5 myths people believe that whole grains are healthy and a great start to the day (spoiler alert- they’re not).
And watch this little video to see why I ignore the food star ratings, the Heart tick and pretty much anything with a cartoon or a barn on the packaging. The video is pure gold!
Once you have made my orange and pecan grain-free granola, you might wish to try my other flavours – the basic recipe, chocolate grain-free granola , fennel & ginger grain-free granola or how about my grain-free granola bars?
I make a big batch and this lasts our family of five for 2 – 3 weeks. From the pictures I am tagged with on Instagram, looks like many of you are in this routine also.Ah-mazing sugar-free orange and pecan grain-free granola. Low carb, healthy, and nutritious.
Serve orange and pecan grain-free granola with coconut cream, unsweetened natural yoghurt, and a few low sugar berries.
Stable Blood Sugars – One reader sent me his stable blood glucose readings after enjoying my other grain-free granolas with berries and unsweetened yoghurt.
Orange And Pecan Grain Free Granola
- Place all the nuts and seeds on a baking dish, then mix.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the mixed nuts and seeds, add the sweetener and orange zest. Mix again.
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20 minutes until golden brown. You MUST stir the granola as it bakes and browns every 3-4 minutes to ensure the granola doesn't burn. Stirring it so often ensure the granola is crispy through the entire batch
- Once the entire grain free granola is browned and baked, remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before placing in storage jars.
- Serving size is 1/2 cup, aprox 45g.
- I store mine in the pantry, even in the summer where it should last for up to a month.
- Alternatively, store in the fridge for up to 2 months or can be frozen for up to 3 months.
How to give up sugar - FREE 5 day mini course
Discover how to give up sugar for life! Sign up for my FREE 5 day mini email course.
- See how sugar is hiding from you
- Learn to eat out and stay sugar free
- Snack smarter
- See what's in my pantry
- Keep the momentum going and live sugar free for life!
- Get secret discount codes for subscribers only.