Paleo pancakes are superb for beginners. They are pretty much fail proof. They have no added sugars, grain free and gluten free.
4 Ingredient Paleo Pancakes
Paleo pancakes are higher in carbs than most low-carb pancakes but are mainly for my children who adore them as a treat. The emphasis for my children is to eat unprocessed, real food. They are low carb not no carb.
The average store bought pancake is 28g per pancake compared to under 7 g net carbs for paleo pancakes (then there is the maple syrup and toppings to consider also).
If you would like a lower carb version, why not take a look at my keto waffles. It won me a “keto goddess” waffle award so they must be good.
Simply mash the bananas with a fork.
Add the eggs and mix.
Add the vanilla, coconut flour, and cinnamon (optional), mix again.
Allow the coconut flour to sit and swell with the eggs. This makes for a sturdy paleo pancake. This also makes them easier to flip in the frying pan.
Serve with coconut cream and berries. If you are not paleo and can tolerate dairy, serve with cream cheese, whipped cream or even melted butter.
Paleo pancakes are a wonderful breakfast idea when you are trying to wean your children off processed store bought pancakes or sugary cereals.
- Mash the banana until lump free. Add the eggs and mix together with a fork.
- Add the coconut flour and vanilla, mix with the fork then let to sit while the coconut flour thickens the mixture (do not miss out this step otherwise they will remain runny and hard to flip).
- Heat a frying pan and add coconut oil to fry small batches until cooked evenly on both sides. I cook them on a slow heat but for a bit longer helps the mixture dry out and 'set' like a regular pancake.
- We like to enjoy them with berries and coconut cream.
Are you droning yet? Take a look at my other breakfast ideas below. All are low carb, grain free, gluten free and no added sugars.
More breakfast ideas are ::
- Grain Free Fennel granola
- Keto Crepes
- Keto Waffles
- Keto chocolate waffles
- Keto muffins
- Big breakfast