Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ditch The Carbs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from date.
Nothing I write can be taken as medical advice. Before undertaking a new lifestyle change, you must seek medical advice. My opinions are not intended as medical advice and should not be taken as medical advice.
Any lifestyle change may affect your health. Please ensure you are under appropriate medical care. Ensure your medication and blood results are reviewed regularly. Dietary changes may change your biological markers such as blood pressure, lipid profile, blood glucose control, inflammation, weight and need for medication. This website is not meant for individual advice as you need to be seen by your doctor or dietician for this on a regular basis.
Please read the full disclaimer on this page https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/disclaimer/
I disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
© Ditch The Carbs. This website is for personal use only. Please respect my work and do not copy or use content without permission. Anything on Ditch The Carbs cannot be used for someone else’s financial gain, otherwise you may be guilty of copyright infringement under the Creative Commons Attribution.
© Ditch The Carbs own the copyright to all images taken by Ditch The Carbs and copyright to all recipes created by us. I may give permission for others to share my work, but I remain the owner of all copyright images and words. All rights reserved.
Please read the full copyright notice on this page. https://www.ditchthecarbs.com/disclaimer/
What Information Do We Collect And How Is It Used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
We may collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
If you would like to find out more about cookies you can visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Types of personal data collected
“Personal Data” is data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name and e-mail address.
“Anonymous Data” is data that is not associated with or linked to identify you. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Data is collected through a variety of means. You may choose to sign up for our newsletter which would require a first name (optional) and email address. Commenting on posts requires an email and first name (real or alias), and it is optional to enter your website address if applicable, which helps combat spam on the website. Third parties also track and use data, as detailed below.
Cookies are placed on the website which track behaviour and allow us to build a better website by monitoring which pages and posts are more popular than others. Our website creation tool, WordPress, may store a number of cookies .
Ditch The Carbs collects as little information as possible from users looking to post comments. We will typically collect a name (either real or alias), personal website, and email address.
We may also collect the following information:
- contact information including name, email address, IP address, geographical location, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- postal address if required to deliver a prize or gift
How Your Information May Be Used
Purposes of collection and use of data
We use some data to improve the website and understand your needs. It may help us provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following:
- To operate and maintain the Website.
- We may use the information to customise the website content according to your interests.
- We may use the information to measure, customise and improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, discounts, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and third parties. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that
other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Data to others.
Ditch The Carbs will not share or sell your data with any third party unless absolutely required to do so by law. The exception is third-party providers that Ditch The Carbs uses to provide particular services.
Third parties may include Google Analytics, Amazon associate codes or any other affiliate websites that use tracking data to assign a sale to Ditch The Carbs.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers. This may be updated and reviewed at any time, so please ensure you visit this page regularly.
- Akismet anti-spam plugin – logs user data to combat spam https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/
- EasyAzon – Amazon Associates Affiliate Plugin that tracks clicks to Amazon to assign an affiliate commission to us http://easyazon.com/terms/
- Convertkit – sends emails, newsletters, broadcasts and occasional promotional material to subscribers. It also tracks which emails have been clicked which allow us to improve our service to you and customise your user experience. https://convertkit.com/privacy/
- Mediavine – who control advertising seen on this website https://www.mediavine.com
- Orange Geek – our website host and performs backups to prevent data loss https://www.orangegeek.com/privacy-policy/
- Google Analytics – we use Google Analytics to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Social Warfare Plugin – provides the website with social media sharing buttons that allow users to easily share posts and track the number of shares for each post. https://warfareplugins.com/privacy-policy/
- Vaultpress – website backups are prepared and stored to prevent loss of data, images, written content. https://automattic.com/privacy/
- ManyChat – the tool used in Facebook messenger https://blog.manychat.com/gdpr-manychat-updates/
- Real Plans – track affiliate data, delivers meal plans https://realplans.com/privacy-policy/
- Sucuri Security – Auditing, Malware Scanner and Hardening software that helps keep this website secure https://sucuri.net/privacy
- Wordfence – helps keep the website secure with anti-virus, firewall and malware scan. https://www.wordfence.com/privacy-policy/
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. You may choose to enter a name, real or an alias. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Ditch The Carbs participates in the Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.
Ditch The Carbs uses Mediavine https://www.mediavine.com to supply and present advertising on the website. Google analytics is used to help personalise advertisements shown. Visitors can opt out of Google analytics for display advertising and customise Google display network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page. Users can completely block Google analytics tracking using Google’s analytics opt out browser add on.
Mediavine has been selected as a Google Certified Publishing Partner. Only a few dozen companies worldwide have earned this honor, a recognition of their rigorous standards.
Google has vetted Mediavine extensively.
Reasonable and appropriate security for your personal data
Ditch The Carbs takes the protection of customer data extremely seriously. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, data.
Children’s Online Privacy
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. The content of this Website is directed at adults, not children. Please contact us immediately if you find a child under 13 using this Website.
Access to your personal data, correction and deletion of your personal data
Opt-out: You may opt-out of all future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails.
Data removal: You may access the personal information we have about you, you may amend or update your personal information, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data
Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your Personal Data from our system. You have the right to request removal of your data from our system. To request this data removal, please write to.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us immediately.
Data Protection Officer
Ditch The Carbs
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required to do so by law.