Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Ditch The Carbs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from date.
Data Collection And Data Use
What Information Do We Collect And How Is It Used?
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website
We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
We may collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
Email newsletter and database
Emails and data are used and processed by this site on a lawful basis to:
- Subscribe to the email community and newsletter service chosen by you.
- Send you the free resources as requested by you
- Provide support, education and information on any topic connected with this site.
- Respond to emails, respond to enquiries.
- Provide updates, news, or enhancements to products sold or recommended on this site.
- Provide product updates, sold by this site or others, in the context of this site.
- Process financial transactions for goods provided by this site.
- Provide occasional marketing opportunities.
- Ask you to complete surveys or to enter prize draws.
- Deliver relevant website content and marketing to you.
- Manage our business and website.
- Help individualise content delivered to you.
- Help monitor the effectiveness and interest of the content delivered to you.
Legitimate interest to process your data and send you marketing material is either by your consent or our legitimate interest (to grow our business).
These include: Because you made a purchase from us, asked us for information about or goods and services, subscribe to our email newsletter, purchased our goods and service from a third party.
You may unsubscribe from your email at any time. Every email sent from this site has a unsubscribe link which can be clicked and successfully unsubscribed at any time by you.
The website uses ThriveCart, Stripe and Paypal to process payments. These are all full and comprehensive guides that I cannot fully duplicate here.
And for Paypal, please visit https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
"If you are a Customer, when you make payments or conduct transactions through a Stripe User’s website or application, we will receive your transaction information. Depending on how the Stripe User implements our Services, we may receive this information directly from you, or from the Stripe User or third parties. The information that we collect will include payment method information (such as credit or debit card number, or bank account information), the purchase amount, date of purchase, and payment method. Different payment methods may require the collection of different categories of information. The Stripe User will determine the payment methods that it enables you to use, and the payment method information that we collect will depend upon the payment method that you choose to use from the list of available payment methods that are offered to you by the Stripe User."
"When you use our Services or access our Sites, for example, to make purchases from merchants, to receive money, to process payments, or to send money to friends and family, we collect information about the transaction, as well as other information associated with the transaction such as amount sent or requested, the amount paid for products or services, merchant information, including information about any funding instruments used to complete the transaction, Device Information, Technical Usage Data, and Geolocation Information."
ThriveCart Policy Summary
ThriveCart is a platform designed to make it easy for businesses and marketers to create engaging checkout pages and deliver their products and services to you, their customer.
ThriveCart is committed to protecting your privacy, and this policy explains how they collect and process personal information about you when you visit their website (thrivecart.com), when you use their products and services.
The personal information they collect from you may be used in one or more of the following ways: They include but are not limited to:
- To deal with enquiries, requests and technical support (your information helps us respond to your individual needs)
- To create and administer records about any online account that you register with them
- To provide you with information and access to resources that you have requested from them
- To improve their website (they continually strive to improve their website offerings based on the information and feedback they receive from you).
- For website and system administration and security
ThriveCart implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information. They offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into their Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. During and after a transaction, none of your private information (e.g., credit card numbers, social security numbers, financials) are transmitted to nor stored on their servers.
ThriveCart does not sell or trade your personal information to third parties.
We may use both session cookies, which expire when you close your browser, and persistent cookies, which stay on your browser until deleted, to provide you with a more personalized experience on the Website.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
If you would like to find out more about cookies you can visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
Types of personal data collected
"Personal Data" is data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name and e-mail address.
"Anonymous Data" is data that is not associated with or linked to identifying you. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
Data is collected through a variety of means. You may choose to sign up for our newsletter which would require a first name (optional) and email address. Commenting on posts requires an email and first name (real or alias), and it is optional to enter your website address if applicable, which helps combat spam on the website. Third parties also track and use data, as detailed below.
Cookies are placed on the website which tracks behaviour and allows us to build a better website by monitoring which pages and posts are more popular than others. Our website creation tool, WordPress, may store a number of cookies.
Ditch The Carbs collects as little information as possible from users looking to post comments. We will typically collect a name (either real or alias), personal website, and email address.
We may also collect the following information:
- contact information including name, email address, IP address, geographical location, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- postal address if required to deliver a prize or gift
How Your Information May Be Used
Purposes of collection and use of data
We use some data to improve the website and understand your needs. It may help us provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following:
- To operate and maintain the Website.
- We may use the information to customise the website content according to your interests.
- We may use the information to measure, customise and improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, discounts, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt out of future mailings.
- To respond to your comments or inquiries.
- To provide you with user support.
- To track and measure advertising on the Website.
- To protect, investigate, and deter unauthorized or illegal activity.
Links to other websites and third parties
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest and third parties. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your Personal Data to others.
Ditch The Carbs will not share or sell your data with any third party unless absolutely required to do so by law. The exception is third-party providers that Ditch The Carbs uses to provide particular services.
Third parties may include Google Analytics, Amazon associate codes or any other affiliate websites that use tracking data to assign a sale to Ditch The Carbs.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers. This may be updated and reviewed at any time, so please ensure you visit this page regularly.
- Akismet anti-spam plugin - logs user data to combat spam https://wordpress.org/plugins/akismet/
- EasyAzon - Amazon Associates Affiliate Plugin that tracks clicks to Amazon to assign an affiliate commission to us https://easyazon.com/terms/
- Convertkit - sends emails, newsletters, broadcasts and occasional promotional material to subscribers. It also tracks which emails have been clicked which allow us to improve our service to you and customise your user experience. https://convertkit.com/privacy/
- Mediavine - who control advertising seen on this website https://www.mediavine.com
- Big Scoots - our website host and performs backups to prevent data loss https://www.orangegeek.com/privacy-policy/
- Provely.io - our social proof provider https://digitalkickstart.com/privacy-policy/
- Google Analytics - we use Google Analytics to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics.https://policies.google.com/technologies/ads https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Grow Social Media Plugin - provides the website with social media sharing buttons that allow users to easily share posts and track the number of shares for each post. https://devpups.com/social-pug/
- ManyChat - the tool used in Facebook messenger https://blog.manychat.com/gdpr-manychat-updates/
- Real Plans - track affiliate data, delivers meal plans https://realplans.com/privacy-policy/
- Wordfence - helps keep the website secure with anti-virus, firewall and malware scan. https://www.wordfence.com/privacy-policy/
- WordPress is our content management system - By default, WordPress does not collect any personal data about visitors
Akismet anti-spam service
Akismet collects information about visitors who comment on Sites that use Akismet anti-spam service. The information they collect depends on user settings for Akismet for the Site, but typically includes the commenter's IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
WP Recipe Maker
Bootstrapped Ventures, the developer of WP Recipe Maker, does not have access to any of the data collected by the plugin. This is all stored in a local database and not communicated back to us.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Comments - When comment ratings are enabled they store the rating a user has given to a recipe along with the personal data WordPress core stores.
Cookies - When user ratings are enabled we store a WPRM_User_Voted_%recipe% cookie (with %recipe% the ID of the recipe) that contains the rating this user has given to a particular recipe. This cookie is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
IP Address -When user ratings are enabled they store the IP address upon voting. This is used as (one of the) measures to prevent rating spam.
Our cookies are stored for 30 days. User-submitted data is stored indefinitely in the local database.
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment, certain information may be publicly visible. You may choose to enter a name, real or an alias. Your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your website.
Users may see your username, avatar, profile description and website information.
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Ditch The Carbs participates in Amazon Services, LLC. Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon properties. There is no additional cost to you.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Ditch The Carbs uses Mediavine https://www.mediavine.com to supply and present advertising on the website. Google Analytics is used to help personalise advertisements shown. Visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for display advertising and customise Google display network ads using Google’s Ad Settings page. Users can completely block Google Analytics tracking using Google’s Analytics opt-out browser add on.
Mediavine has been selected as a Google Certified Publishing Partner. Only a few dozen companies worldwide have earned this honour, a recognition of their rigorous standards.
Google has vetted Mediavine extensively.
Reasonable and appropriate security for your personal data
Ditch The Carbs takes the protection of customer data extremely seriously. Technical measures are in place to prevent unauthorised or unlawful access to data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, data.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioural advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The "help" feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit https://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and https://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at https://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt-out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt-out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
- RevContent - RevContent may collect information about your browser or device, including browser type, IP Address, device type, user agent string, and operating system. RevContent also collects information about the websites you visit through their services, such as date and time of access and specific pages accessed and the content and ads you click on. You may opt-out of any personalization track by opting-out of RevContent’s data collection.
Children’s Online Privacy
We comply with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under 13 years of age. The content of this Website is directed at adults, not children. Please contact us immediately if you find a child under 13 using this Website.
Data Security, Data Retention and Data Rights
A number of security measures are in place to prevent any data from being lost, transferred, changed or accessed by unauthorised persons. Access to data is restricted only to those employees who need to access it as part of running this site and customer service. All data is processed and used in accordance with our instructions. We have policies and procedures in place to prevent and alert us of any data breach.
Access to your personal data, correction and deletion of your personal data - your rights
Opt-out: You may opt-out of all future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails.
Data removal: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
To request this data removal, please write to.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us immediately.
Data Protection Officer
Ditch The Carbs
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required to do so by law.